My Google Voice Calls Me

Gar1eth
This topic is 2806 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's very weird. It doesn't happen a lot. But occasionally I'll get a call. iPhone shows it coming from my own Google Voice number in the recent calls section. I answer it. There's nothing there or there is a recording of the noise I was making when I answered the previous call from myself.

Gman

Could this be the Google Voice equivalent of butt dialing?

Good thought. But no, the phone was lying on the couch when it began to ring. Then I picked it up, discovered it was a Google Voice call from myself. Then it happened again. And weirdly it happened a third time while writing this post. It's happened before occasionally-no discernible rhyme or reason.

Gman

Good thought. But no, the phone was lying on the couch when it began to ring. Then I picked it up, discovered it was a Google Voice call from myself. Then it happened again. And weirdly it happened a third time while writing this post. It's happened before occasionally-no discernible rhyme or reason.

Gman

IDK, man. Technology sometimes does very weird stuff.

There's a setting in Google Voice where you can make the caller id show your own number instead of the actual number that called you. Some people have that set up so it's easy for them to know when a call is coming to their actual phone or to their google voice number

When I get a Google Voice call, my phone shows 'Google Voice'.

Gman

Archived