Paris hotels

Billsboy4
This topic is 2771 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I noticed in your lounge post you specified you wanted a hotel in le marais or St Germain. I'm not sure what style of hotel you like, but if you are looking for quintessential French in le marais, I liked Le Relais St Honoré. Close to everything yet the hotel is not too noisy. It is close to the Louvre, the Opera, and the Tuileries. Room types vary enough depending on what you need - make sure you specify what's important to you like bathroom size or bed type, etc. It is definitely a 3 star with quirky things but does offer hotel-wide Wifi. Service is ok. If you were willing to go north of the city a bit, a better deal is the sister hotel, Le Relais Montmartre - super friendly staff and very charming, can be less pricey too depending on the time of the year that you go! Avez un bon voyage et ramener moi un beau cadeau!

I noticed in your lounge post you specified you wanted a hotel in le marais or St Germain. I'm not sure what style of hotel you like, but if you are looking for quintessential French in le marais, I liked Le Relais St Honoré. Close to everything yet the hotel is not too noisy. It is close to the Louvre, the Opera, and the Tuileries. Room types vary enough depending on what you need - make sure you specify what's important to you like bathroom size or bed type, etc. It is definitely a 3 star with quirky things but does offer hotel-wide Wifi. Service is ok. If you were willing to go north of the city a bit, a better deal is the sister hotel, Le Relais Montmartre - super friendly staff and very charming, can be less pricey too depending on the time of the year that you go! Avez un bon voyage et ramener moi un beau cadeau!

Anyone have a favorite 3 star hotel in Paris?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d307955-Reviews-s1-Le_Relais_Saint_Honore-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

For over 20 years my residence in Paris has been the Odeon Hotel http://odeonhotel.fr/ at 3 rue de l'Odeon, it is a about 100 meters from the Odeon Metro and the Boulevard St. Germain 2 Blocks to the Luxembourg Gardens. Close to St. Sulpice. It's not fancy. It is family owned and operated. The staff is helpful, most speak English fluently. Book a Superior room on an upper floor. The building is an 18th Century structure originally built for Mme. de Pompadour. The location is great. It has only 31 rooms. The Superior rooms are at the end of the hall and most have the original stone walls. Le Comptoir de Relais, Odeon a popular restaurant is down the street. Up the street at the Place de l'Odeon is La Mediterranée which was designed by Jean Cocteau and Christian Berard, and was reputed to be Marlene Dietrich's favorite restaurant. Dalloyau one of Paris oldest Patisseries is up at the Place Edmond Rostand across from the Luxembourg Gardens, is a great place to stop for pastry and coffee after a hard day of sightseeing. You can sit at a table on the street or up in the charming salon du thé upstairs.

For over 20 years my residence in Paris has been the Odeon Hotel http://odeonhotel.fr/ at 3 rue de l'Odeon, it is a about 100 meters from the Odeon Metro and the Boulevard St. Germain 2 Blocks to the Luxembourg Gardens. Close to St. Sulpice. It's not fancy. It is family owned and operated. The staff is helpful, most speak English fluently. Book a Superior room on an upper floor. The building is an 18th Century structure originally built for Mme. de Pompadour. The location is great. It has only 31 rooms. The Superior rooms are at the end of the hall and most have the original stone walls. Le Comptoir de Relais, Odeon a popular restaurant is down the street. Up the street at the Place de l'Odeon is La Mediterranée which was designed by Jean Cocteau and Chritian Berard, and was reputed to be Marlene Dietrich's favorite restaurant.

Isn't the Odeon in the Latin Quarter? That's my fave area in Paris, just feels more ...approachable of a neighborhood, but maybe that's just my imagination :)

PS: Connecting threads for easier reference: http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/paris-hotels.118047/

Isn't the Odeon in the Latin Quarter? That's my fave area in Paris, just feels more ...approachable of a neighborhood, but maybe that's just my imagination :)

PS: Connecting threads for easier reference: http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/paris-hotels.118047/

The Latin Quarter is usually defined as the 5th arrondissment. The Odeon is just over the border in the 6th. The Blvd. St. Michel is the boundary between the 5th and 6th. All very close and cozy. The Place Edmond Rostand is at the corner of the Blvd. St. Michel and rue Vaugirard. If you cross the Boul Mich and walk toward the Pantheon there is a little shop that sells pommes frites ( fried in beef fat), that is mobbed with students from the Sorbonne it really makes you feel that Latin Quarter ambience.

Le Comptoir is an excellent restaurant. Tiny but they serve continuously. Difficult to get into for dinner if you're not staying at the related hotel. But early or late lunches there are great. The menu is quite eclectic.

Assuming you mean Le Comptoir du Relais, right? One of the hardest reservations to get unless you try for a Sunday. Love, love, love the lamb there.

Archived