Last minute impulsive!!!

Spida
This topic is 6715 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Okay I know this is a stupid question but I am going to ask it! Any chance someone might have an idea on a hotel for NYC for New Years Eve? I want to stay in the city and would like to stay Fri night and Sat night. I was hoping I could find something for 500 for the weekend. I checked Hotwire and Priceline and Hotels.com any other ideas just thought I would ask! I know I never ever plan ahead!

Thanks

Spida!

A couple of Ideas,LastMinuteTravel.com and site59.com both specialize in this sort of thing.

Also if any of your credit cards are signature(or amex platinum)call the concierge of the card.

This will not be cheap.

Also check brokers in yesterdays NY times,they sometimes have reserved blocks.I would use them as a last resort.

Quikbook.com and travelaxe.com are also helpful in this sort of situation

Spida-good luck,,,,of course if you could wait a few monts till March,,,,

BTW private me with your new email-your christmas card was bounced back.

PS-I just checked quikbook.com-they have rooms starting at $220 going up to $995-and they really don;t have any scary places listed either.

Plaza 50, on the corner of 50th Street and Third Avenue, used to be a high quality hotel. Large room/suites with kitchenettes, ideal for long stays. I don't know if it is still the case with the new name and probably new management, but the location is nice if you like the East Side....

• 11 months later...

>Never heard of Affina. What's the address?

The NY Times just mentioned the Affina as the best unknown hotel in the city. A bit out of the way on the mid-East Side, though the neighborhood is fine.

The Times Travel section ran a piece on budget hotels in the city. Issue of 12/11/05. Perhaps you can track it online <<www.nytimes.com>>

Check the Hudson (Steven Draker fucked me there; check out the plaque) and the Hotel QT, well located at 125 W. 45th.

Lankypeters

>> Check the Hudson (Steven Draker fucked me there; check out

>the plaque)

>

>

>Exactly, Lanky, one day there will be a

>memorial at that place ! :+

>

>

But don't say "Memorial," Steven. That sounds like somebody died. Even though you did finish me off. How about framing the rubber?

Did you ever imagine the scene if someone pulled up the wall of a hotel like the Hudson at midnight on Saturday, exposing the rooms? People fucking in every position and combination.

Lankypeters

>> Check the Hudson (Steven Draker fucked me there; check out

>the plaque)

>

>

>Exactly, Lanky, one day there will be a

>memorial at that place ! :+

>

>

But don't say "Memorial," Steven. That sounds like somebody died. Even though you did finish me off. How about framing the rubber?

Did you ever imagine the scene if someone pulled up the wall of a hotel like the Hudson at midnight on Saturday, exposing the rooms? People fucking in every position and combination.

Lankypeters

I used The Affina when it was Plaza 50, near the Waldorf Astoria. Very nice hotel, more like a private apartment building. I also stayed at the New York Hilton one New Years eve. Had a room facing south and we could see the ball drop at midnight from my window. Nice if you can have a hotel in the Times Square area. Sit in your room and watch the scene from your lofty perch.:D

Archived