Sex Addiction Scam Exposed

newguy
This topic is 2819 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's interesting. My chiropractor ordered a spine x-ray not long ago. She sent it to a chiropractic radiologist for an expert reading. I have one or both of disc disease or joint disease at nearly every level of my spine, but largely no symptoms.

As I was told, there's nothing unusual about my test results. Many people have similar x-rays/MRIs and no symptoms. It's how it affects your body that matters.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I was told, there's nothing unusual about my test results. Many people have similar x-rays/MRIs and no symptoms. It's how it affects your body that matters.

I'm not complaining. It would be nice to have a spine free of degenerative disease. Failing that, the next best alternative is a symptom-free spine.

Of course not. But language, at least, evolves. Whatever the professionals make of it, words get used in a less precise, more metaphorical way all the time.

At the very least, both DSM-V and brain plasticity (which no one other than Kenny has discussed) suggest this is not the open-and-shut, black-and-white case others are making it out to be. Sure, there are disputes and even "scams." That's true for all of this stuff, including the difference between addiction and dependence with regard to substance abuse and a whole host of issues around conditions such as depression, anxiety disorder, autism spectrum disorder (DSM-V somewhat controversially eliminated Asperger's as a separate diagnosis and folded it into ASD), dissociative identity disorder (which some experts still think doesn't exist), etc.

Honestly, this discussion seems to me to shed more heat than light.

I learned a lot from this discussion. Some commentators really do shine with outstanding insights

into the importance of language/word choice in the area of actual substance use disorders vs. behavioral compulsions where no chemicals are ingested.

We need not close off discussion even if it gets a bit exasperating.

Archived