Logo's Prince Charming

CCMaryland
This topic is 2796 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Even if he was super attractive and nice, I'm not sure I could watch this because I couldn't bare to look at Lance Bass for more than 4 seconds. He gives me the creeps.

They were toting Lance Bass on LOGO as a "Gay Entertainment Pioneer". That cracked me up. He's only been out of the closet officially since 2006 and now he's a fucking pioneer for the Gay community.

I couldn't stand listening to his radio show on OutQ Sirius. He was such a mumbling mush mouth on the air. Now we get to watch at him looking like a deer in the headlights with same surprised expression on his botox'd face.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were toting Lance Bass on LOGO as a "Gay Entertainment Pioneer". That cracked me up. He's only been out of the closet officially since 2006 and now he's a fucking pioneer for the Gay community.

I couldn't stand listening to his radio show on OutQ Sirius. He was such a mumbling mush mouth on the air. Now we get to watch at him looking like a deer in the headlights with same surprised expression on his botox'd face.

Ten years is pretty pioneering for the music biz. Frank Ocean is still getting flack and being shunned by other artists because he came out as bisexual a couple of years ago.

Even if he was super attractive and nice, I'm not sure I could watch this because I couldn't bare to look at Lance Bass for more than 4 seconds. He gives me the creeps.

I am not a Lance Bass fan, either, for the same reason.

Regarding Bass being a pioneer, he is not among the first gay singers.

Regarding Bass being a pioneer, he is not among the first gay singers.

Who came out sooner, how well known were they, and was their primary audience teen girls? Not because teen girls particularly care but because the powers that be generally believe that the illusion of availability is necessary for commercial viability and ignorant and homophobic parents may be unwilling to fund music purchases or concert tickets.

Who came out sooner, how well known were they, and was their primary audience teen girls? Not because teen girls particularly care but because the powers that be generally believe that the illusion of availability is necessary for commercial viability and ignorant and homophobic parents may be unwilling to fund music purchases or concert tickets.

Well, there was Elton John in 1988, Michael Stipe in 1994, Rufus Wainwright was never actually "in", nor was Jake Shears. I am sure I could come up with more were I to think about it.

I will point out that Lance Bass, to the best of my knowledge, does not claim to be a pioneer for coming out nor for being the youngest person to train and be certified at Star City, Russia.

Well, there was Elton John in 1988, Michael Stipe in 1994, Rufus Wainwright was never actually "in", nor was Jake Shears. I am sure I could come up with more were I to think about it.

I will point out that Lance Bass, to the best of my knowledge, does not claim to be a pioneer for coming out nor for being the youngest person to train and be certified at Star City, Russia.

Huh. I didn't realize that John came out as gay that long ago. I also thought he came out as bisexual first.

Even though I am an R.E.M. fan and own several of their albums, I was not aware that Michael Stipe is gay.

Those kind of statements (about being a pioneer, etc.) are par for the course in introductions like this. I'd suggest that the fact I was aware of Lance Bass, whose group I cared nothing about, coming out and not Michael Stipe had to do with the factors I mention above. A boyband member coming out is more newsworthy, both because of the nature of the fans and perceptions that band members were hiding something. Frank Ocean and Ricky Martin are also considered noteworthy because they come from a genre (hiphop, in Ocean's case) or culture (machismo Latino culture) that frowns on non-straightness.

Just chiming in. I saw the show premiere this week and, while I consider the lead somewhat boring, Lance himself was enjoyable to watch. He and Chris Harrison (of the ABC franchise) would never be confused with each other in physical appearances, but his mannerisms and choice of words (a.k.a. "Ready to make a decision?" / "This is the final rose/tie tonight.") was so hilariously spot-on that the two could have recreated the famous Marx Brothers scene with the mirror in DUCK SOUP. Also love the blank expressions both Lance and Chris have when listening to the lead in their sit-downs.

Rumor has it that Mike Fleiss (producer of Bachelor, Bachelorette and Bachelor In Paradise) wants a Gay Bachelor for ABC, but there is still way too much trouble with the network affiliates and sponsors. (Life is easier on VH1 / Logo where barriers have even been broken with Dating Naked, where they finally stopped blurring the contestants' bottoms if not their front ends.) Unfortunately there was also all of the hullabaloo when one of the Bachelors, Juan Pablo, created a ruckus in an interview several years ago. Since then, when each Bachelor/ette is asked in an interview what they think of a possible gay lead, they are coached to at least pretend to be open about it. Juan acted too conservative and there was backlash against his season.

AL

I couldn't stand listening to his radio show on OutQ Sirius. He was such a mumbling mush mouth on the air. Now we get to watch at him looking like a deer in the headlights with same surprised expression on his botox'd face.[/quote

Lance Bass only came out once his "career" was over. Whoopee. He looks like the AFTER photo at one of those fly by night plastic surgery places that has been shut down by the Better Business Bureau. Silver lining -- he can go to Halloween Parties without wearing a mask.

Just chiming in. I saw the show premiere this week and, while I consider the lead somewhat boring, Lance himself was enjoyable to watch. He and Chris Harrison (of the ABC franchise) would never be confused with each other in physical appearances, but his mannerisms and choice of words (a.k.a. "Ready to make a decision?" / "This is the final rose/tie tonight.") was so hilariously spot-on that the two could have recreated the famous Marx Brothers scene with the mirror in DUCK SOUP. Also love the blank expressions both Lance and Chris have when listening to the lead in their sit-downs.

Rumor has it that Mike Fleiss (producer of Bachelor, Bachelorette and Bachelor In Paradise) wants a Gay Bachelor for ABC, but there is still way too much trouble with the network affiliates and sponsors. (Life is easier on VH1 / Logo where barriers have even been broken with Dating Naked, where they finally stopped blurring the contestants' bottoms if not their front ends.) Unfortunately there was also all of the hullabaloo when one of the Bachelors, Juan Pablo, created a ruckus in an interview several years ago. Since then, when each Bachelor/ette is asked in an interview what they think of a possible gay lead, they are coached to at least pretend to be open about it. Juan acted too conservative and there was backlash against his season.

Juan Pablo was their choice after all the hue and cry over no minority bachelor. So they found the biggest douchebag minority they could. Boy did that work out. He's the least popular bachelor ever. Hot but dumb, boring, and so 1952.

Juan Pablo was their choice after all the hue and cry over no minority bachelor. So they found the biggest douchebag minority they could. Boy did that work out. He's the least popular bachelor ever. Hot but dumb, boring, and so 1952.

Yeah, but he and Nikki provided me with much entertainment on VH1's Couples Therapy later that year. I wondered at the time if all future bachelor/ette couples would use that show to "amicably break up" while continuing their 15 minutes of fame.

Archived