MARTIAN

sync
This topic is 2834 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Unfortunately, he needed a butt double in one scene.

Fortunately, it was the scene where he was supposed to be [highlight text to see] extremely skinny, so it couldn't possibly have used him.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see any test footage to see if they tried to do the scene with his body.

Fortunately, I don't need any test footage to image him having a great butt. :)

Fortunately, it was the scene where he was supposed to be [highlight text to see] extremely skinny, so it couldn't possibly have used him.

Thank you for that. It was the one scene that gave me disappointment because he looked so emaciated. My fantasy is back in tact. :)

From the internet movie database trivia entries on the movie...

Matt Damon was willing to lose a massive amount of weight for the scene towards the end of the movie but Ridley Scott forbade it. Damon had already done it once, while filming Courage Under Fire (1996), but this had seriously compromised his health, and he had to be under medical supervision for a long time afterwards. For The Martian, a body double was used instead.

Archived