Does every post on Daddy now default to "Watched Thread?"

Despardo
This topic is 2855 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Don't know on which Forum to post this comment, so I picked Deli as perhaps the most viewed.

Just in the last few days, I have noticed that whenever I post or respond to a thread, I now get "Alerts" every time anyone else chimes in on the thread, not just when they like or respond to my specific post as had been the case in the past.

Every time I post or reply to a thread, the site seems to flip the default to "Watch Thread," and to stop getting alerts, I have to change the setting on that thread back to "Unwatch Thread." This can be tiresome.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I don't think it's a problem, but it is a feature that was added when the software was recently updated. The same thing happens to me.

Thank you for answering my question. I personally dislike the feature, because it assumes I want to watch the thread rather than letting me make that decision. Kind of like when Facebook decides which posts it thinks are important for me to see. To avoid clutter on this site, I am training myself manually to change the default back each time I make a comment on a post about which I am only casually interested. It would be less annoying and time consuming for me to change the default to "watch thread" when desired rather than having to change it to "unwatch thread" every time I contribute a comment about something. I can monitor threads in which I have an interest quite well without having to "watch" them unless I choose to do so.

No, I just posted in this thread and I am not watching it.

Check your Preferences. Click on your nick name on the topm got side of the screen. A menu unfolds, click on Preferences. Make sure you do not have the wrong setting.

Thanks. I already tried that. Will check again.

No, I just posted in this thread and I am not watching it.

Check your Preferences. Click on your nick name on the topm got side of the screen. A menu unfolds, click on Preferences. Make sure you do not have the wrong setting.

Hey, I just changed my preferences. Thought I had already done that, but guess not. Thanks for the suggestion.

This came up a couple of weeks ago in another thread. As Mr Tramp said, when the software was updated preferences reverted to the default 'watch thread'. It took me a while after I first joined the forum to realise that I could override the default and not keep receiving those annoying alerts. That was recent enough that when the alerts kicked in again I guessed that my preference change might have somehow turned itself off.

Archived