$600 For An Overnight Session in Montreal, Wow!

JayNY
This topic is 2807 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sebastian (former Stockbar dancer) is currently doing overnight sessions for $600.00 in Montreal. That's crazy cheap, this is probably the cheapest overnight rate I have seen on RM so far. Not bad, if you just want to hang out with a hot dude in Montreal, and cudddle in bed with him all night.

https://rent.men/sebastian_fitt

Love all his smiling pictures.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as Sebastian's profile and his CA600 offer, I would certainly ask lots of questions. In his profile, he does not ascribe to any position and says that he "respects" his limits and who he is, i.e., a straight guy. I'm not sure I want to pay CA600 to sleep next to someone.

I will add my favorite, and entirely routine, exchange with a cute-cute-cute douanier at YUL from a couple of years ago when I was visiting a friend in Montreal over his birthday weekend:

Agent: What is the purpose of your visit to Canada?

Me: I am visiting a friend for his birthday.

Agent: How long will you be in Canada?

Me: Three nights.

Agent: Where are you staying?

Me: (Provided name of hotel in Vieux-Montréal)

Agent: What do you do for a living?

Me: I am a (insert licensed profession here) at (insert name of institution).

Agent: What does your friend do for a living?

Me: He is a (insert licensed profession here) at (insert name of institution). (Note: I was completely truthful here. Some of the folks that I know have perfectly mainstream day-jobs).

Agent: So, since it is his birthday, are you bringing any gifts?

Me: No, my gift will be dinner and then shopping for a new bag.

Agent: I wish you were my friend. Have a good time!

No other questions, no search of my electronics or luggage, nothing. I proceeded over to the ATM for Canadian currency, grabbed a taxi, and that was that. No helicopters, no hounds released, no spotlights, no storm troopers waiting for me at the hotel...

I got a lot more questions from Canadian customs when I drove to Montreal in 2013 than when I've flown (knock on wood). Like one of the earlier commenters, I was also amused at being asked if I had weapons (or fireworks! Lol).

I will add my favorite, and entirely routine, exchange with a cute-cute-cute douanier at YUL from a couple of years ago when I was visiting a regular in Montreal over his birthday weekend:

Agent: What is the purpose of your visit to Canada?

Me: I am visiting a friend for his birthday.

Agent: How long will you be in Canada?

Me: Three nights.

Agent: Where are you staying?

Me: (Provided name of hotel in Vieux-Montréal)

Agent: What do you do for a living?

Me: I am a (insert licensed profession here) at (insert name of institution).

Agent: What does your friend do for a living?

Me: He is a (insert licensed profession here) at (insert name of institution). (Note: I was completely truthful here. Some of the folks that I know have perfectly mainstream day-jobs).

Agent: So, since it is his birthday, are you bringing any gifts?

Me: No, my gift will be dinner and then shopping for a new bag.

Agent: I wish you were my friend. Have a good time!

No other questions, no search of my electronics or luggage, nothing. I proceeded over to the ATM for Canadian currency, grabbed a taxi, and that was that. No helicopters, no hounds released, no spotlights, no storm troopers waiting for me at the hotel...

is the officer cute? you could have said 'we can be' ;)

speaking of driving over the border, i just did 2 weeks ago and there was absolutely no trouble going into canada. officer was friendly and just a few simple questions. on the way back, it was the american immigration officer that was being tough. he checked our luggage and was borderline a jerk. but it's good to know to be prepared after reading some of the members' experience.

Actually taking fruit into Canada unlike the U.S.A.,is allowed and legal, provided of course it is appropriately clean and declared

When I live in SoCal, you couldn't take fruit from Laguna Beach to Costa Mesa. (OK, that was backyard fruit.)

On a recent trip to Montreal, we decided on the following boarder crossings:

To Canada:

A crossing that sees about twenty vehicles a day at peak periods.

There is only one customs building, shared by the US and Canada.

Reading in advance warned that they might want to know HOW we found this crossing. Truly, I wanted to see some open countryside.

A very nice Québécois [thanks, wikipedia] guard asked us where from, how long, and why. And asked us to have a pleasant stay.

To the US:

A different crossing, where the US side is open 8am to midnight, but the Canadian side is only manned 8-4:

Between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., travelers may pass through the border and be interviewed by an officer in the normal fashion. During the off hours of 4 p.m. to 8 a.m. travelers will be processed by an officer off-site who communicates through a kiosk equipped with two-way audio and one way video. Here is the process:

• When the driver approaches the border crossing the officer sees the vehicle via an on-site video camera.

• The officer will direct the motorist to drive inside a building, and a garage like door closes behind the car, closing it in the building. The driver and any passengers interact with the officer using the audio-video system at the kiosk.

• There are video cameras, a microphone and speakers as well as a scanner. The officer then asks questions and directs the driver to scan his or her passport.

• The kiosk has a credit card reader, in case the driver or passenger owes duty on goods or taxes.

• If the driver is allowed entry by the officer, the garage door on the other side of the building will open, giving him or her access to Canada.

• If the officer determines that driver or passengers need further examination, one of the following may happen: a border patrol officer from the port of entry at St. Armand, Quebec could be sent over to assess the situation, the driver may be asked to report to alternate Canadian port of entry, or they may be denied entry and directed to return to the U.S.

The most nerve-wracking part of the return is that I had only put in latitude and longitude in the GPS, and it was only whole-degrees accuracy. It wasn't until I saw a sign that said

Frontière États-Unis 14 (assuming km)

that I started to relax.

Finally a sign:

États-Unis and a south-facing arrow (we were going west at that point).

At this crossing, a nice lady asked how long we'd been in Canada and our professions. She asked me to roll down the rear window, and she peaked in.

"Have a pleasant day."

We still had a long drive to Boston.

Sebastian (former Stockbar dancer) is currently doing overnight sessions for $600.00 in Montreal. That's crazy cheap, this is probably the cheapest overnight rate I have seen on RM so far. Not bad, if you just want to hang out with a hot dude in Montreal, and cudddle in bed with him all night.

For my tastes, he is proof positive that one CAN be too thin.

159133_1469937015_w259drzevc.jpg

I wonder how he survives the winter in Montreal?

On a recent trip to Montreal, we decided on the following boarder crossings:

To Canada:

A crossing that sees about twenty vehicles a day at peak periods.

There is only one customs building, shared by the US and Canada.

Reading in advance warned that they might want to know HOW we found this crossing. Truly, I wanted to see some open countryside.

A very nice Québécois [thanks, wikipedia] guard asked us where from, how long, and why. And asked us to have a pleasant stay.

To the US:

A different crossing, where the US side is open 8am to midnight, but the Canadian side is only manned 8-4:

Between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., travelers may pass through the border and be interviewed by an officer in the normal fashion. During the off hours of 4 p.m. to 8 a.m. travelers will be processed by an officer off-site who communicates through a kiosk equipped with two-way audio and one way video. Here is the process:

• When the driver approaches the border crossing the officer sees the vehicle via an on-site video camera.

• The officer will direct the motorist to drive inside a building, and a garage like door closes behind the car, closing it in the building. The driver and any passengers interact with the officer using the audio-video system at the kiosk.

• There are video cameras, a microphone and speakers as well as a scanner. The officer then asks questions and directs the driver to scan his or her passport.

• The kiosk has a credit card reader, in case the driver or passenger owes duty on goods or taxes.

• If the driver is allowed entry by the officer, the garage door on the other side of the building will open, giving him or her access to Canada.

• If the officer determines that driver or passengers need further examination, one of the following may happen: a border patrol officer from the port of entry at St. Armand, Quebec could be sent over to assess the situation, the driver may be asked to report to alternate Canadian port of entry, or they may be denied entry and directed to return to the U.S.

The most nerve-wracking part of the return is that I had only put in latitude and longitude in the GPS, and it was only whole-degrees accuracy. It wasn't until I saw a sign that said

Frontière États-Unis 14 (assuming km)

that I started to relax.

Finally a sign:

États-Unis and a south-facing arrow (we were going west at that point).

At this crossing, a nice lady asked how long we'd been in Canada and our professions. She asked me to roll down the rear window, and she peaked in.

"Have a pleasant day."

We still had a long drive to Boston.

Where is this crossing?

I always crossed the US-Canada border through Chaplain NY, when I'm heading to Montreal by car.

I had a friend who was an army brat in Hawaii. When the family moved stateside to NYC, they had their car shipped to Vancouver and drove it across Canada, entering the US for the first time into northern Vermont.

The expressionless rural Vermont border guard looked at their Hawaii driver's licenses and at the Hawaii plates on the car. After a long silence, he handed back the licenses and said in a deadpan Vermont accent, "Hadn't realized they'd finished that bridge."

• 2 weeks later...

FFS. Not that I'd ever do anything illegal, but hypothetically . . . can Canadian customs officials actually get US criminal records? A hypothetical person has 3 DUI convictions from a very bad period in his/her life. The last one was 22 years ago. Hypothetically speaking, truth or bluff? Any have real-life opinions on such a hypothetical situation? PM me if you prefer.

Gah. Anyone who's been pulled aside and has disclosed a conviction ever managed to convince Canadian immigration to let them through? Wondering whether to roll the dice and take the chance of being stranded in Toronto/losing my non-refundable travel costs or bailing now.

Gah. Anyone who's been pulled aside and has disclosed a conviction ever managed to convince Canadian immigration to let them through? Wondering whether to roll the dice and take the chance of being stranded in Toronto/losing my non-refundable travel costs or bailing now.

Conviction? They won't even let you in with an arrest.

Don't do it mate, they won't let you in man with an arrest. They won't accept your return ticket, you will have to buy a new one way ticket. When I was removed on the train in Lacolle Quebec at a satellite customs office on higway 15, the Agent simply dropped me off at the Chaplain US side. I was on my own, I had to figure out a way to get back to NYC. Greyhound/Adirontrack would not accept my return Amtrak ticket, even tough the Canadian Agents told me they would. The driver told me that I needed to give him $120.00 cash or he would leave me there. Thank god, there was a ATM machine inside the US Custom section. I'm still trying to get that money back from Greyhound/Adirontrack. I was told the driver should have accepted the return tkt by other drivers, and most likely took advantage of the situation. He most likely pocketed that money. So far, I got Amtrak to give me half of my money back, I'm still fighting with Greyhound/Adirontrack.

While I do believe all of this, it's hard for me to relate to. I've crossed back/forth USA/Canada so many times with zero hassle. I've carried tool kits which they've asked me about but let me passed. I've carried spare parts for boats, told them "no duty I'm delivering to a US yacht in transit".

I've crossed by car, cruise ship, private yacht, private planes. At Vancouver, Prince William (teeny airport), Victoria. Via video and phone at Nanaimo, Pt. Hardy, others.

I have no "record" to be concerned about, but what all is getting so many of you profiled into secondary search???

While I do believe all of this, it's hard for me to relate to. I've crossed back/forth USA/Canada so many times with zero hassle. I've carried tool kits which they've asked me about but let me passed. I've carried spare parts for boats, told them "no duty I'm delivering to a US yacht in transit".

I've crossed by car, cruise ship, private yacht, private planes. At Vancouver, Prince William (teeny airport), Victoria. Via video and phone at Nanaimo, Pt. Hardy, others.

I have no "record" to be concerned about, but what all is getting so many of you profiled into secondary search???

I, too, have traveled between the US and Canada - several times each year, for over 20 years, via air, car and train. Never had anything beyond the standard questions (Why here? How long? Anything to declare? Going by train from the US takes longer, of course, but that's for everyone on board), and have never been searched or had any of my several gadgets inspected. If one has any sketchy events in one's past, then perhaps one does not get to go to Canada. They get to decide that. Just because Canada is right across the border, and is certainly friendly and clean, they get to decide who gets in.

I'm so glad I got a nexus card for expedited entry.

Me too. Plus you get Global Entry and PreCheck for free on top of that. I've probably flown or driven to Canada close to 75 times over the last 10 years and I rarely even get asked any questions at the border crossing. The US side is much more inquisitive.

Be prepared to wake up in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney and your gold fillings

I work for an international company and we periodically have issues with employees traveling to Canada for training. There is a process whereby someone can ask for a permit at Canadian immigration allowing for one time entry. There is a fee and entry is at the discretion of the officer on staff. 99% of the time our employees have been granted access. There is also a process to get a Ministers permit which allows for multiple visits for a year and you can apply for a new one annually. Lastly, something very different than in the US, one can apply for relief from being criminally disqualified. They call it rehabilitation. There is an application and interview. I have never heard of an employee being turned down. If that's approved the person can enter Canada like anyone without a conviction and they aren't required to mention their criminal history. Depends of course what someone did, how long it's been since a conviction, etc.

I think you can call a consulate and/or look at their website for more details. I'm not claiming to be an expert or give advice on this important topic. Just sharing what I know from the experience of other employees. Other people's mileage may vary.

I'm so glad I got a nexus card for expedited entry.

Me too. Plus you get Global Entry and PreCheck for free on top of that. I've probably flown or driven to Canada close to 75 times over the last 10 years and I rarely even get asked any questions at the border crossing...
NEXUS is certainly the way to avoid hassle. I'm into my 5th year now (and just renewed for an additional 5). NEXUS, however, didn't prevent my being chosen for a random security check in June on the way back to the States -- I'm pretty sure this was a (Canadian equivalent of) TSA thing rather than Canadian or US immigration.

First sign of trouble was not being able to check in online. Second was not being able to check in at a kiosk. At the counter, the agent said "I can't imagine what's wrong," checked her computer, and said "oh, you've been selected for a random security check. Be sure you get the right stamp on this boarding card when you're done or you won't be able to board." The boarding card had "SSSSSS" in large letters across the top. When I showed it to the baggage screener, he put it in a bright red plastic sleeve (it felt like having a scarlet letter pasted on my forehead :)), and led me to the head of a regular screening line. From there on it was like regular security, including the dreaded millimeter wave scanner, with the addition of an open suitcase check. Because he had taken me to the head of the line, the whole operation took about the same time as a regular TSA precheck.

I've been back since then with no further hassle.

Thanks for all the info, guys. Looks like I'll find something else to do Labor Day weekend and put in an application for "forgiveness" for the future. :(:mad::confused:.

Sort of amazed and disappointed that some quarter-century old bad choices are coming back to bite me in the ass now, but maybe should have figured since I got booted for Global Entry. Still, I've traveled through Europe, Asia and Africa and never had a problem. Only issue ever was a question on my Chinese visa application. Clerk asked how long ago the convictions were, and stamped the visa without even blinking.

Maybe San Francisco instead.

Archived