Change In Email Alerts

Gar1eth
This topic is 2882 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have my notifications on the Forum set up so that if someone starts a Conversation with me, I receive an email alert. The alert used to include the message. For the past week or two all the alert includes is the title of the Conversation. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that.

Gman

I have my notifications on the Forum set up so that if someone starts a Conversation with me, I receive an email alert. The alert used to include the message. For the past week or two all the alert includes is the title of the Conversation. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that.

Gman

Yes, I did. I assume it is related to the new email server we switched to. Not a problem for me.

I'm also getting that....the entire message used to show up in the separate email, but now just has a link to click on if I want to view it.....I never click on that new link because it's better to do all the "Conversation" stuff directly via the forum anyway, I think......

I'm also getting that....the entire message used to show up in the separate email, but now just has a link to click on if I want to view it.....I never click on that new link because it's better to do all the "Conversation" stuff directly via the forum anyway, I think......

I click on the link all the time because if I'm looking at email, I'm probably not also looking at the Forum at the same time. All the link does is take you to the Conversation section of the Forum.

Gman

Yes, I did. I assume it is related to the new email server we switched to. Not a problem for me.

It's a problem for me in that I'm likely to respond less quickly if I don't know the content of the conversation beforehand, which happened with a conversation I just replied to. But I also assumed it was related to the new e-mail server.

The problem was that a lot of people would reply to the email itself. Which would go to me; Which frankly was TMI most of the time.

I got tired of continually having to saying:

"
Did you know that when you reply to Message-Forum email that it goes to Daddy? You should go to the message-forum to respond.
"

Archived