Thank You-My Sunday Dinner Was Pretty Good!!

Gar1eth
This topic is 2898 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

File%20Jun%2026%2C%207%2005%2006%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

So I had some leftover chili I had made Friday. Adding to that I scrambled three eggs and sautéed some white mushrooms and some pearl tomatoes. I warmed up the wheat pita bread in the microwave. Then I stuffed the pitas with a mixture of egg, chili, mushrooms, and salsa. The tomatoes I ate by themselves.

How was your dinner?

Gman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
File%20Jun%2026%2C%207%2005%2006%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

So I had some leftover chili I had made Friday. Adding to that I scrambled three eggs and sautéed some white mushrooms and some pearl tomatoes. I warmed up the wheat pita bread in the microwave. Then I stuffed the pitas with a mixture of egg, chili, mushrooms, and salsa. The tomatoes I ate by themselves.

How was your dinner?

Gman

Delicious but too much bread and not enough fiber (good carbs) and protein.

I made a chili-like concoction I call Southwest Stew. It has tomatoes, ground meat, and bell peppers like chili with the addition of roasted sweet corn and zucchini. Seasoned with garlic, chili powder, ancho chili powder, smoked paprika, and cumin. Mmmmm

PS: Your dinner sounds yummy!

I made a chili-like concoction I call Southwest Stew. It has tomatoes, ground meat, and bell peppers like chili with the addition of roasted sweet corn and zucchini. Seasoned with garlic, chili powder, ancho chili powder, smoked paprika, and cumin. Mmmmm

PS: Your dinner sounds yummy!

I'd like to try that although maybe without the ancho chili powder. I'm fine with cumin and paprika.

My first thought was of making a chili omelette. But I've never made an omelette before. So I decided to stick with scrambled eggs. I actually had the stove on high to begin with. The eggs cooked faster than I was expecting. They were very omelette-like, but I broke them up.

Gman

I can basically sleep anytime or anywhere.

+1 You, me and Jack Haley, the Tin Man. :cool:

In filming Oz, getting Haley into and out of his costume was a evidently a big production, so each day after lunch, they would just lean him back against a board and he would take a short nap, in full costume, standing up. Bert Lahr, an insomniac, cracked, 'That son-of-a-bitch could sleep on a meat hook!' (That anecdote reported by Ray Bolger in a TV interview late in his life.)

The pita were whole wheat. As for protein there were the scrambled eggs and the ground beef in the chili.

Gman

Scrambled eggs have protein but they also have fat, that's why many restaurants have a choice of white eggs. Whole bread (2 of them I see) or white bread... that's bad carbs, better than white bread (just like brown rice is better than white rice) but bread is bread. You should have eaten one half of each "whole wheat" pita bread instead of 2 of them, that would have been 1/4 of the bread you ate, and some salad or any other healthy vegetable. If whole wheat was as good as an apple we all would be eating whole wheat pizza (with little cheese and Mexican salsa instead of tomato sauce) instead of fruits, salads, etc.

Btw under Reagan pizza was legally a vegetable in school cafeterias.

Have you ever tried nutrisystem? it's all about balance of good food versus bad food.

It's also a good idea for you to eat carbs like bread/rice only before and after you go to they gym and avoid them for dinner.

Mushrooms, onions, salad, spinach, etc (cooked or raw) are a great way to feel more satisfied (full) with almost no calories.

Scrambled eggs have protein but they also have fat, that's why many restaurants have a choice or white eggs. Whole bread (2 of them I see) or white bread... that's bad carbs, better than white bread but bread is bread. You should have eaten one half of each "whole wheat" pita bread instead of 2 of them, and some salad or any other healthy vegetable.

Mushrooms, onions, spinach, etc (cooked or raw) are a great way to feel more satisfied (full) with almost no calories.

giphy.gif

My first thought was of making a chili omelette. But I've never made an omelette before. So I decided to stick with scrambled eggs.

Gman

That's funny, because I could never make a good omelette, so I always scrambled them. On my last cruise I started watching the chef, and I suddenly realized how easy it really was. To me at least they do have a distinct flavor. I'm working on flipping the pan to fold the omelette, so far...no success. :eek:

I had a friend over for dinner. Marinated shrimp for twenty-four hours (1/3 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tbs. finely chopped garlic, 1 tbs. finely chopped ginger, and a dash of red pepper flakes). Used only half of the sauce for the marinade and reserved to other half for cooking latter. Sauteed the shrimp and finished with the second half of the sauce and reduced to thicken. Served with rice and a garbage green salad (included mixed greens, tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, sliced kalamata olives. and slivered red onion. We drank a very nice 2014 bottle of Sauvignon Blanc

I'm working on flipping the pan to fold the omelette, so far...no success. :eek:

As Julia said, 'You just have to have the courage of your convictions!'

Then she flipped it (whatever it was -- a big whole-pan potato cake or something), part of it flipped out of the pan, and she quipped, 'There, you see, I didn't have enough courage.' :D

@Gar1eth, your meal looks delish! Luv pearl tomatoes! For dinner last night, I made shrimp ceviche - so easy and I can make it as spicy as a like. Love to eat it with plantain chips. Illustration below...although I prefer a big bowl of it! Nothing dainty about me and what I put in my mouth :D

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2009/04/10/SS1C45_21739_s4x3_lg.jpg

@Gar1eth, your meal looks delish! Luv pearl tomatoes! For dinner last night, I made shrimp ceviche - so easy and I can make it as spicy as a like. Love to eat it with plantain chips. Illustration below...although I prefer a big bowl of it! Nothing dainty about me and what I put in my mouth :D

It looks very pretty. But I'll have to admit seafood except for tuna salad, and sometimes even that, leaves me cold.

Gman

OK Trudy, cancel my dinner invitation. No fish for this gurl, especially raw.. "I don't Do fish" !

Archived