WmClarke
This topic is 2904 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So after a few years, I finally finished watching season 1 of OitNB.

Most of the characters are fascinating.

But my god--the lead character is awful. Not the actress--I think she plays the part as written/directed. But I just can't stand the Piper character. I find myself wanting horrible things to happen to her because she is so inept at dealing with people.

Anyone else dislike Piper? Or quit watching the show because she's so annoying?

Yes, I'm with you on this. Keep watching; in later seasons the show focuses less and less on Piper and more on the other characters. You start to learn all of their backstories and some are fascinating. For me, Piper and her storylines are the least interesting thing about the show.

She' s horribly self-absorbed, but she's supposed to be.

Yeah, I get that. How could anyone miss it?

But she is so self-absorbed that her character is unwatchable. She is self-absorbed to the point of utter stupidity.

Although at the beginning of season 2 she is slightly tolerable. At times.

Yeah, I get that. How could anyone miss it?

But she is so self-absorbed that her character is unwatchable. She is self-absorbed to the point of utter stupidity.

Although at the beginning of season 2 she is slightly tolerable. At times.

I have known people like her... their narcissism knows no bounds and they whirl though others' lives like tornadoes.

I have known people like her... their narcissism knows no bounds and they whirl though others' lives like tornadoes.

Yeah, in real life when I meet someone like that I stay far away.

And I warn my friends when they start hanging out with someone like that. They ignore me. Then, a year or so later, they "finally" see what the 'friend' is like and move on.

Archived