Parking for incalls

bashful
This topic is 2894 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Do you ever have clients that cancel because they are unable to park near where you're hosting? How do you deal with hosting in an area where street parking is either non-existent, difficult to find? Or, do clients know, and accept that before hiring?

UBER/LYFT/Bus/Taxi

Why in the hell would you want to park YOUR car in a GAY neighborhood?

Haven't you heard about license plate scanners on police cars? The Government NEVER forgets where you parked your car!!!

Or where your cell phone is located!!!

TOTAL FUCKING SARCASM regarding what I perceive as 2 non-issues.

UBER/LYFT/Bus/Taxi

Haven't you heard about license plate scanners on police cars? The Government NEVER forgets where you parked your car!!!

TOTAL FUCKING SARCASM regarding what I perceive as 2 non-issues.

LOL...Ya got me for a moment there, but then again, it's early, and I haven't had my morning joe (no, not that 'Morning Joe') ;)

I appreciate a head's-up that I may have trouble finding parking and some helpful hint about where to park, though I've learned the places that are really problematic (downtown hotels).

A couple of times I have been late to incalls because I couldn't find parking... and nobody likes a late client. And the same for the flip-side.

LOL...Ya got me for a moment there, but then again, it's early, and I haven't had my morning joe (no, not that 'Morning Joe') ;)

As its Sunday, in addition to your morning coffee I suggest champagne in orange juice because, you know, orange juice is or sounds healthy. :) Its a bit weird that if I told someone I had a gin & tonic before Noon I have a drinking problem but if I say I had a Mimosa I'm sophisticated.

UBER/LYFT/Bus/Taxi

Great, because you're educating them, governments will now increase these activities as a "public service". "We can help you find your car or phone" so the more knowledge we accumulate about where you are/have been or who you've communicated what with (invading your privacy and violating your rights) is good for you :)

I remember first reading about the license plate scanners and thinking that they were inappropriate. The official response is that the data isn't maintained except for like 24 hours except for "hits" (those with violations). I'm skeptical and we often find out years later that this wasn't the truth or there was a "glitch" and data wasn't automatically deleted after 24 hours. We now see a lot of license plates with plastic like coverings which make the plate hard to read - supposedly to thwart scanning technology but I've not cared enough to find out if they work. Plus I remember from reading up for my drivers test that obscuring a plate is illegal (but not likely enforced much if at all).

Great, because you're educating them, governments will now increase these activities as a "public service". "We can help you find your car or phone" so the more knowledge we accumulate about where you are/have been or who you've communicated what with (invading your privacy and violating your rights) is good for you :)

I remember first reading about the license plate scanners and thinking that they were inappropriate. The official response is that the data isn't maintained except for like 24 hours except for "hits" (those with violations). I'm skeptical and we often find out years later that this wasn't the truth or there was a "glitch" and data wasn't automatically deleted after 24 hours. We now see a lot of license plates with plastic like coverings which make the plate hard to read - supposedly tho thwart scanning technology but I've not cared enough to find out if they work. Plus I remember from reading up for my drivers test that obscuring a plate is illegal (but not likely enforced much if at all).

Uh, oh! We're agreeing again. Unlike humans, once a data point is created in a network the chances a greater that it will propagate than get wiped.

• 2 weeks later...

Know the location, be ready to offer options to accommodate them.

One place in la I stayed at charged $20 for parking. I had to eat the cost on Friday night's because there were no other options available. It was either that or they would not visit.

Archived