Lakeview (Chicago) Quick Question

azdr0710
This topic is 2920 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

hey Chicago residents......is there an independent, locally-owned, well-regarded grocery store in the Lakeview district that is popular and a bit on the healthy/quality/upscale side without being stuffy and a fashion show?......looking to get a gift card for somebody who lives in that area and want to avoid the tired, old Whole Foods routine....

thanks....hoping to just drop in when there and grab a card at the register

Ideas: Treasure Island Foods is on N. Broadway in the heart of Lakeview. tifoods.com is their web site. There's a Mariano's opening on Broadway soon; it's a chain out of Wisconsin and Kroger is the parent, but it's retained a gourmet-ish identity.

I would go with the Mariano's gift card over Treasure Island. TI often has cleanliness and freshness issues. If Mariano's Lakeview location is not open by the time you visit, there's one at Foster and Sheridan (not too terribly far), another on Halsted and Madison (West Loop), Illinois Center (east of Michigan Avenue and north of Randolph Street downtown), and another just south of Halsted/Clybourn/North (Near North Side).

I agree with the others, and say Mariano's. The Lakeview location is still a bit away (I live right by there and can tell you it's not going to be ready real soon), but there are several locations that aren't more than a short distance. The only other option, besides Whole Foods or Treasure Island, is Jewel or Trader Joe's.

Archived