Socal recommendations - LA, PS, Beach Towns?

klifhangar
This topic is 2918 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It is 3:50pm as I write this, and the temperature outside my house is 110; the next couple of days are supposed to be worse. The sun is blazing, there is no breeze, the temperature of the water in my pool is 89. If the power fails--and it often does when it gets this hot here in the desert and supply lines are overloaded--we will have no a/c, no fans, no electronic entertainment, and no light after about 8pm. I would suggest that you think twice before coming to Palm Springs right now.

Wow, really? I can get such cheap tickets to LA and thought I might try PS out. Maybe I'll keep PS for a time when it's 50 here and 80 there!

Thanks for the input.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, mostly I need to get away and chill for a few days before shifting careers. Ryan and a friend are in West Hollywood. What's a good area to stay in close by there? Santa Monica? I want to be able to sit on the beach, maybe go to a couple of clubs and not be far from my... entertainment.

Santa Monica is great....not cheap....several hotel choices on or very close to the beach....nice walking among stores, clubs, restaurants in the several blocks adjacent to the popular pier area......and West Hollywood et al is accessible a few miles east via Santa Monica Blvd or busy I-10

It is supposed to be 113 in Palm Springs today. Damn the Southern California summer is starting early this year.

I second, third and fourth the recommendation of Dane Scott in Palm Springs. He is an extremely nice guy who just happens to have a fantastic body. Not only would he be great in bed, he would also be great to simply hang with.

When you're with Dane Scott it's always 113 degrees.

Archived