This topic is 2904 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

27 ways to be a modern man

And just FYI, the modern man is straight. Sorry about that.

I noticed that the list is very heteronormative.

I will always be the one sleeping closest to the door, as the likelihood that I'll need to run to the bathroom in the middle of the night far exceeds the likelihood that an intruder is in the house.

It was a very sentimental article, but I disagree on some of his merits. I can imagine modern men who own guns, for one. Maybe this archetype is a hunter? The modern man doesn't amble half naked in suburbia to get his newspaper because A. He reads online news, and B. He doesn't own a house, he lives in the city. Maybe I'm just being a recalcitrant here, but the modern man certainly doesn't need to compare himself to others for validity.

It was a very sentimental article, but I disagree on some of his merits. I can imagine modern men who own guns, for one. Maybe this archetype is a hunter? The modern man doesn't amble half naked in suburbia to get his newspaper because A. He reads online news, and B. He doesn't own a house, he lives in the city. Maybe I'm just being a recalcitrant here, but the modern man certainly doesn't need to compare himself to others for validity.

You should have seen the responses from modern men who own guns and don't know their wives', I mean spouses', shoe sizes. There were some real modern man meltdowns.

You should have seen the responses from modern men who own guns and don't know their wives', I mean spouses', shoe sizes. There were some real modern man meltdowns.

In a time when supposedly adult men are having a meltdown about an all-female remake/reboot of Ghostbusters, any woman who dares to talk about sexism in media or is publicly unashamed about her weight is subject to abuse, including colorful threats of rape and murder, and disgusting sexist trolls game Hugo nominations, I'm not surprised.

Archived