IML

Snbrd
This topic is 2966 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I hope everyone is having fun in Palm Springs. I hope to make it next year. I planned an early April vacation, which was great, to Ft. Lauderdale before I discovered this forum.

I'm curious about trying IML in Chicago this year even though I'm not that much into the scene. I see that the HQ hotel is sold out and there is a Hilton as back up. Does anyone have any experience with this event? I've heard a lot goes on at the hotel, much of it spontaneous. Will I miss out on too much if I stay @ the Hilton?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

I hope everyone is having fun in Palm Springs. I hope to make it next year. I planned an early April vacation, which was great, to Ft. Lauderdale before I discovered this forum.

I'm curious about trying IML in Chicago this year even though I'm not that much into the scene. I see that the HQ hotel is sold out and there is a Hilton as back up. Does anyone have any experience with this event? I've heard a lot goes on at the hotel, much of it spontaneous. Will I miss out on too much if I stay @ the Hilton?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

I attended two years ago, and stayed at the host hotel with my "date." I am trying very hard to get back this year. It really was a fantastic experience. Just walking around the exhibits/booths was a mind blowing time. And yes, there are spontaneous moments to be seen/had. I won't go into what I was "made" to do in a bathroom!!! I don't think you would miss out on much staying elsewhere other than the convenience. I also am not much into the leather scene. I think my wallet is part leather, and that's it. BUT, those guys are hot just to look at. AND, the smells! Maybe I'm more leather than I think!!!

I attended two years ago, and stayed at the host hotel with my "date." I am trying very hard to get back this year. It really was a fantastic experience. Just walking around the exhibits/booths was a mind blowing time. And yes, there are spontaneous moments to be seen/had. I won't go into what I was "made" to do in a bathroom!!! I don't think you would miss out on much staying elsewhere other than the convenience. I also am not much into the leather scene. I think my wallet is part leather, and that's it. BUT, those guys are hot just to look at. AND, the smells! Maybe I'm more leather than I think!!!

Well WG2, my wallet is not made of any leather. So does that make you more into leather than I??!!! Could you indeed be more into leather than you give yourself credit for??? Possibly so!

In any event, while I have never been to IML from what I have heard about it your description of events is right on target. I might add that the host hotel is no great shakes as far as accommodations from what others have said. Read: run down. I am not sure about the Hilton, but I would gather that it might be a cut above the event's main venue. If so, it might not be a bad alternative other than the inconvenience of not being in the same building. I can't attend this year, but gave some thought to possibly attending last year and at that time I was indeed thinking about not staying at the host hotel.

Thanks for your responses. I won't ask wisconsinguy what happened in that bathroom but it is for just such moments that I'm leery of being in the overflow hotel. Even if the HQ hotel is a tired facility, what goes on throughout is part of the allure. I'll play Hamlet for another day, then flip a coin if I don't get more solid opinions.

Well, a few more thoughts based on what I was told by a friend who went last year. He was not able to get a room at the host hotel. Sure, if he had to do it over again he would have preferred to stay at the host venue. However, when push came to shove other than a bit of inconvenience it really did not matter much.

Consequently, that did not stop him from enjoying the party. Plus, the site of so many leather men proved to be an overwhelming experience. He also mentioned that most guys seemed to be quite friendly. From what I recall things can happen in the stair wells and as @wisconsinguy mentioned in the bathrooms as well. Unfortunately, given my background, I tend to be very cautious in such situations as opposed to WG2 who is indeed the real devil. I do recall mention being made that security did keep an eye on things as far as the rooms themselves were concerned and that they wanted doors to be closed. From what I gather they were trying to dissuade a door bring left open or ajar as an indication that a party was taking place and others as such were invited to check it out.

With any luck guys who were there last year might have more info for the OP so as to help him make a decision.

Well, a few more thoughts based on what I was told by a friend who went last year. He was not able to get a room at the host hotel. Sure, if he had to do it over again he would have preferred to stay at the host venue. However, when push came to shove other than a bit of inconvenience it really did not matter much.

Consequently, that did not stop him from enjoying the party. Plus, the site of so many leather men proved to be an overwhelming experience. He also mentioned that most guys seemed to be quite friendly. From what I recall things can happen in the stair wells and as @wisconsinguy mentioned in the bathrooms as well. Unfortunately, given my background, I tend to be very cautious in such situations as opposed to WG2 who is indeed the real devil. I do recall mention being made that security did keep an eye on things as far as the rooms themselves were concerned and that they wanted doors to be closed. From what I gather they were trying to dissuade a door bring left open or ajar as an indication that a party was taking place and others as such were invited to check it out.

With any luck guys who were there last year might have more info for the OP so as to help him make a decision.

Well, the "interaction" that occurred was with my "date." A safe yet extremely erotic time! It's in my memory banks forever! I didn't know I had the exhibitionist quality in me!!! WG2

Archived