No desktop version?

seaboy4hire
This topic is 2977 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When on my iPad the site looks more or less like the desktop version. When I'm on my iPhone it is probably giving me the same boo hiss version that @seaboy4hire is getting on his android. Just an observation.

If you're using an iPhone and Safari you can hold down on the reload circle in the url window and you'll get a pop-up menu that show's "Load Desktop Version."
I just tried doing that. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get it to work. I'm running iOS 8 and using Safari.

The new forum software follows the industry trend of being "responsive." I.e., it automatically detects what kind of device you are using and adjusts its display format accordingly. Such software typically no longer offers the old switch for toggling manually between display modes.

I've just started using a smartphone and I'm happy with the format that the software defaults to on it. Sure it doesn't give you the same funtionality [different, not better or worse] but it adjusts the display to work on the smaller screen. (As an aside, I only have the new phone b/c my phone company called me and said they were upgrading their capability in my area and my old device wouldn't work properly, and they gave me a new basic Samsung phone, no changes, no questions.)

When on my iPad the site looks more or less like the desktop version. When I'm on my iPhone it is probably giving me the same boo hiss version that @seaboy4hire is getting on his android. Just an observation.

I just tried doing that. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get it to work. I'm running iOS 8 and using Safari.

It works in iOS 9.3. I'm using an iPhone 6 with 9.3.

I believe you really should upgrade Apple iOS devices as the company releases updates simply for the enhanced security and bug fixes if nothing else.

Archived