Beard Maintenance

Reluctant Daddy
This topic is 2999 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You guys who have beards or growing one are the new trend setters of today. Although beards have been around.... well, forever..... they are the 'must have' among the younger crowd now.....just from what I'm reading and seeing. . Walked into my Trader Joe's yesterday, and so many of these young workers are starting to sport a beard of some kind.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As with most threads on this forum, this thread is about whatever you want it to be. Most threads on Daddy's should be called tapestries because they have many different threads which entwine and overlap. Most specifically, this thread is about beards on the face to start and the beards who serve to mask and deflect thoughts of a homosexual inclination were a later thread within the tapestry.

Wow.... What a lovely term... 'tapestry'. What a poetic way to describe some of the threads.

I'm with amused, genetics play a role on your bearded look. However, your styling should be left to an expert and third party that can shape that beard into something that can be, objectively, appealing to most (including self). I tried for years to make my curly hair look straight...until my current stylist said: " dearie, you just need to embrace that you are a ho with a fro" I've never gotten more compliments on my hair since I let the curls go their wild way. Same goes for my cavalier (beard). My barber shapes it, grooms it, gives it TLC and tell me to focus on good healthy habits and own it, not how it may look to my own biased eye.

You guys who have beards or growing one are the new trend setters of today. Although beards have been around.... well, forever..... they are the 'must have' among the younger crowd now.....just from what I'm reading and seeing. . Walked into my Trader Joe's yesterday, and so many of these young workers are starting to sport a beard of some kind.

It's the LAW! If you can grow one you must have one! I'm very happy with this trend. I'm lucky that I have very little grey in my beard and it hides that nasty little wattle that happens under your chin. Enough people have told me that it makes me look younger that I actually believe it. :-)

I don't know how often y'all go to the barber / stylist, but I only go every 3 weeks. She cleans up all the edges ( especially the neck ) and does maintenance, but I have to do a lot of trimming in between visits. My age and profession is not conducive to scruffy.

My growth was born on the inability to shave for several months. It's definitely transformed my look from "meh" to slightly more interesting than "meh". I'm just trying to balance the look between funky liberal arts professor and the guy who lives in the dumpster behind the liquor store.

we need PICS or as the young cool boys say nowadays;).. we need the RECIEPTS to judge lol

What, and blow my chances of ever hiring any of you hot guys? :p

I miss my salt and pepperish beard :( Before I was informed that I could either shave it off or wear a beard guard at work it was growing in nicely. I just kept it pretty short and shaped thanks to my hipster/rockabilly barbers. I would use shampoo and a beard conditioner and beard oil and brush it like cray cray.

Hugs,

Greg

I for one cannot wait for this trend to be over. While some guys look good with beards and actually some guys have a face that is just right for a beard, I can't get over the feeling that they are dirty and have the leftover food from prior meals. I had a good friend that had a hipster beard for a couple of years and he kept really good care of it. He used the oils and conditioner, brushing it a few times a day, but even he admitted that it was never quite clean.

fast-food-beard.jpghttp://www.foodiggity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/beard-bowl.jpeg

I for one cannot wait for this trend to be over. While some guys look good with beards and actually some guys have a face that is just right for a beard, I can't get over the feeling that they are dirty and have the leftover food from prior meals. I had a good friend that had a hipster beard for a couple of years and he kept really good care of it. He used the oils and conditioner, brushing it a few times a day, but even he admitted that it was never quite clean.

fast-food-beard.jpghttp://www.foodiggity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/beard-bowl.jpeg

He either had a very long beard or some substandard hygiene issues. I only like short beards, and at the rate they grow, you basically have brand new hair every couple weeks at the most. If you wash your face everyday, you are washing your beard everyday.

I hope the trend lasts for a very very long time. I've only had mine for a few months, but it has made a noticeable difference in the attention I get. I can rock a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt and look pretty damn masculine -- until I open my mouth that is. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I groom my beard with extra care.

Several tips to grow beard faster have been introduced, but easiest of them all is:

exfoliating, cleansing, proper sleep, intake of adequate diet including vitamins, reducing stress, improved blood circulation and oiling makes beards worth growing well and enriched.

It gives an effective results which provide you with an excellent beard growth of your facial hair.

ANYHOO theirs nothing like an older daddy type with a silver/white short Brooke beard that just makes my boyhole wet and pucker up so quickly :p

Bless you! I match this description perfectly! I would be delighted to closely examine your beard and boyhole and give both the benefit of my experience in such matters. I guarantee they will be clean and groomed when I am finished.

Archived