Gay Clubs....

Spida
This topic is 7251 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tonight I waas sooo bored and my ONE gay friend was busy, so I decided to venture out to a few clubs here in Boston all by my lonesome. Now I have only been to gay clubs here in Boston once and never alone. I have been to a few in NYC but then again never alone! I was shocked at how low standards some of these guys have. I asked one guy who was really cute standing next to me near the dance floor for about 20 minutes and sort of dancing and getting closer to dance, and he said yes! We had a really good time, then I went upstairs and got hit on 3x! This is all new to me I have never been hit on in my life, I did come home alone tonight but that is really okay and somewhat my choice if I really wanted to go home with someone I probably could have.

I have mentioned this before, I have just lost about 65 pounds now and it is a whole new world! It is awesome gave me great incentive to get up and go to the gym tomorrow! Now I don't consider myself unattractive at all, but I don't really think of myself as cute either so I can only imagine what it must be like to be really good looking at a gay club, you must have beat them off with sticks, or just beat them off :-) Just thought I would share another first gay experience, I am actually starting to have fun and just made (well hopefully) my second and third gay friends here in town.

Guest Cumbee

Spida

If you are "really good looking" you have to beat them off with sticks ANYWHERE! Or so I've been told.

It may vary on who they are from locale to locale. By that I mean gay areas brings the guys, straight areas brings the girls, and mixed areas brings real variety to life! Again, so I have been told.

Guest Tampa Yankee

Spida,

Which club was it: Buzz, Chaps, or the most recent Saturday night incarnation at Manray/Cambridge? Back a few years when I frequented clubs I had some interesting experiences too -- even at my age...lol.. Even picked up a BF that lasted a little over a year. Well, he picked me up. :p He turned out to be an insatiable bottom once he found out what that was all about. }(

I was going to head to buzz but I stopped at paradise first thinking I would at least see cute dancers and one was actually cute from what I hear they usually aren't. There is a little dance floor downstairs and there is very good variety of people there. Next stop is Buzz I ended up staying at Paradise for the night! The only other place I have been is Machine, I would like to get to a better class of clubs so I may try Buzz next. I was at Manray a few times in my "straight" days and loved it so I may try that place I love people watching and it is an awesome place for that.

Guest Tampa Yankee

Paradise has a broader mix of ages so younger looking for older more likley to go there. Sometimes it has some real hotties. Other times... well, no one bats a 1000. :(

Machine used to be the place on Fridays around 11:30 or midnight. Attendance dropped last Xmas and I havent been back so I dont know the current status.

Everyone ought to try Buzz once... that was enough for me. Sat only. EXTREMELY crowded with lots of drugs going around -- mostly exstasy it seemed.

Havent been back to Chaps since it reverted from Vapor. Used to have a pretty good sun evening tea dance.

Avalon Sundays used to be the top of the heap. Again attendance down last fall so I dont know the current status. Worth a try for the club and the crowd if it still gathers.

Went to Manray only once on aThurs. (Thurs and Sats are gay night.) Younger crowd. Could be fun with right company but less likey to connect there it seemed.

Caveat: all this was as of last year.

Guest Tampa Yankee

Two relatively new lounges though...

Dido's off Stuart (or Columbus?) across from the Park Plaza. Used to be Luxor's (video bar) if I recall. Been a handful of times. Two rooms, piano in one, nice ambience (leather sofas and sitting chairs) except for the too loud music, hot bartender. Mixed ages. Thought I saw a working boy there once, but he was very busy and I already had my hands full. Not especially a pick-up joint last I knew.

Pi Alley located on Pi Alley (I beileve) off Cambridge St near Govt. Center. Haven't been... yet.

Actually, many really good-looking guys do not get hit on as often as one might expect, because those who are interested fear the possibility of rejection by someone so obviously desirable. Sometimes the loneliest guy in the club is the hunk that everyone is surreptitiously staring at.

Sometimes the loneliest guy in the club is the hunk

>that everyone is surreptitiously staring at.

I'm not so sure about that. It's been my experience that if a really good looking guy shows up alone (rare in itself), and isn't waiting on some friends (even more rare), then sooner or later some guy's going to have downed enough shots to wobble on over, make an ass of himself, and walk away pissed, muttering, "asshole" for being rejected.

At least, that's what I've seen so many times before.

Archived