Lured to NYC for free lodging while stripping but ended in rape attempt. Bumped by SamHexum!

marylander1940
This topic is 1716 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 1 year later...
Did this guy end up going to jail? I've gone into a google rabbit hole trying to find out without much success.

https://scallywagandvagabond.com/2018/09/geoffrey-tracy-pleads-not-guilty-nyc-stabbing/

Who knows? I haven't seen anything in the news since the reports last year. He's claimed it was self defense. A claim an ex-boyfriend says is laughable. The above article mentions he was released on $500,000 bail. His instagram is still active except it's now private. If you search in the New York state court system, his next hearing is in late October.

Edited by LivingnLA

Color me cynical. Stabbing someone 16 times reeks of intense passion, not a spontaneous reaction from a quick feel. I'm thinking it was rooted in a dispute about contractual monetary obligations. On a more gruesome side-note, survival from 16 stab wounds suggests sub-standard stabbing abilities.

Color me cynical. Stabbing someone 16 times reeks of intense passion, not a spontaneous reaction from a quick feel. I'm thinking it was rooted in a dispute about contractual monetary obligations. On a more gruesome side-note, survival from 16 stab wounds suggests sub-standard stabbing abilities.

Maybe it was a butter knife ?

A crime of passion is a defense strategy to undermine the mens rea aspect of a criminal case because our laws treat premeditated criminal intent more harshly. You're right that 16 stabs suggest a loss of control, rage, extreme fear, and other things as well. We don't know the details. We'll see what happens as the case moves forward.