Downton Abbey Season 6

jgoo
This topic is 2941 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Crap. My Euro-trash reputation is unshake-able.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham. Imperious and aristocratic, you pretty much always get your way in any situation and really do not have time to put up with other people’s crap. Though you’re often bossy and arrogant, you’re a surprisingly adaptable person and exceptionally loyal to the people you love. You’re also kind of famous for your sharp wit, and you have a ready comeback for any conceivable situation. - See more at: http://www.weta.org/tv/program/downtonabbey/quiz/violet#sthash.yVoRtOgs.dpuf

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crap. My Euro-trash reputation is unshaken-able.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham.

Love it.

Clocker, just remember that Lady Edith does have nice skin. ;)

Only thing I could think of about Edith on the fly ...

And she'd be with the Rolls-driving gentleman farmer now if I hadn't spoiled it for her.

You are Lady Mary Crawley. Some people might call you selfish or self-centered. You’d say that you just have firm opinions about what you want and how you want it (and when and in what color). You are surprisingly competitive, and you can’t stand taking second place to anyone, for any reason. Your darkest secret is that — despite all evidence to the contrary — you’re sort of a big softie underneath that frequently cold exterior, but since you probably only show that side of yourself to about two people, it’s unlikely to become public knowledge.

*Hugs* Better you than me. :p

I will help you bury a dead body any day, auntie Fluff.

You are Lady Mary Crawley. Some people might call you selfish or self-centered. You’d say that you just have firm opinions about what you want and how you want it (and when and in what color). You are surprisingly competitive, and you can’t stand taking second place to anyone, for any reason. Your darkest secret is that — despite all evidence to the contrary — you’re sort of a big softie underneath that frequently cold exterior, but since you probably only show that side of yourself to about two people, it’s unlikely to become public knowledge.

*Hugs* Better you than me. :p

No, I think Lady Mary fits. FF is smarts, likeable and know her own mind. The only problem is the way Lady Mary treats Lady Edith. Since I know FF a small bit off this site through messages; she is a much kinder version of Lady Mary.

Ohhh! Click-bait quizzes -- my secret vice!

Well, according to this one, I am...

You are Robert, Earl of Grantham. Honest, old-fashioned and, let’s face it, more than a little bit stubborn, you’re a big believer in rules and structure. You’re super motivated by duty and honor, and you think that a lot of things are supposed to be a certain way, just because. You’re also a bit of a bully, and hold grudges like a champ, but you can be extremely generous and forgiving toward those you feel have earned your loyalty.

In thinking about this, I say its fairly spot on. I do defer to my financial advisor on investments, unlike Robert, which hopefully means I won't lose the family fortune lol Though I do take exception to being "a bit of a bully" -- not a bully, just stubborn -- but I do hold grudges like a champ :rolleyes: My mother used to say I have "My Surname Alzheimer's", meaning I can forget everything but the grudges. Ah well!

No, I think Lady Mary fits. FF is smarts, likeable and know her own mind. The only problem is the way Lady Mary treats Lady Edith. Since I know FF a small bit off this site through messages; she is a much kinder version of Lady Mary.

That is very sweet, William. I can be a little Mary sometimes, when needed. ;)

I will help you bury a dead body any day, auntie Fluff.

I'll always remember that, Maman. And next time, I'll get Papa to fire that nasty maid before she kills your precious male heir.

Curious - no one got Tom Branson yet? Allan Leech is certainly easy on the eyes! A few friends and I play a game when watching - we text each other "BB" for "Branson Bulge" when one of us spots it on screen :D

Excuse me, Robert, I'd like to remind you these are Edwardian times...keep your eyes on me! - Cora TR

Excuse me, Robert, I'd like to remind you these are Edwardian times...keep your eyes on me! - Cora TR

Indeed they are, Cora my dear, but one must keep up with these modern times. Bright young things and all that. I would have expected an American like you would be up for it!

- Robert BBD

Indeed they are, Cora my dear, but one must keep up with these modern times. Bright young things and all that. I would have expected an American like you would be up for it!

- Robert BBD

Dear Robert BBD,

Now that you put it that way, Branson could stay up past your bedtime and keep me entertained. Maybe even join me for my morning breakfast in bed! I like how you are embracing change. Uncharacteristic of you, but I like it.

Dearest Cora TR,

My dear, you misunderstand *sigh* - the change I spoke of embracing is mine, not yours. I shouldn't like to disturb your rest as you're frightfully busy with this palaver with Mama over the hospital. I shall repair to my dressing room with Tom. Bates has made the bed - for two.

Dearest Cora TR,

My dear, you misunderstand *sigh* - the change I spoke of embracing is mine, not yours. I shouldn't like to disturb your rest as you're frightfully busy with this palaver with Mama over the hospital. I shall repair to my dressing room with Tom. Bates has made the bed - for two.

Dearest Robert BBD,

Are you going to make me bring up Jane, the maid? Sweet dreams, my dear.

Are you going to make me bring up Jane, the maid?

Do I need to bring up your rendezvous with Mr. Bricker in London, Cora dear? You - a married woman, the Countess of Grantham, out in London till all hours with this man, alone! Or shall I remind you of the fact that I returned from my regimental dinner to find Mr. Bricker in your bedroom? I thought not. I've told Bates to have Mrs. Patmore prepare breakfast in bed for two for tomorrow in my dressing room, so I may not see you before you head to your hospital meeting. Sweet dreams my darling.

You are Robert, Earl of Grantham. Honest, old-fashioned and, let’s face it, more than a little bit stubborn, you’re a big believer in rules and structure. You’re super motivated by duty and honor, and you think that a lot of things are supposed to be a certain way, just because. You’re also a bit of a bully, and hold grudges like a champ, but you can be extremely generous and forgiving toward those you feel have earned your loyalty.

I'd order Thomas to bend over.

Do I need to bring up your rendezvous with Mr. Bricker in London, Cora dear? You - a married woman, the Countess of Grantham, out in London till all hours with this man, alone! Or shall I remind you of the fact that I returned from my regimental dinner to find Mr. Bricker in your bedroom? I thought not. I've told Bates to have Mrs. Patmore prepare breakfast in bed for two for tomorrow in my dressing room, so I may not see you before you head to your hospital meeting. Sweet dreams my darling.

As I think about all this, I do believe BigK Robert (see post above) should come over for afternoon tea. Adieu, mon cher .

Curious - no one got Tom Branson yet? Allan Leech is certainly easy on the eyes! A few friends and I play a game when watching - we text each other "BB" for "Branson Bulge" when one of us spots it on screen :D

What until you see him in this season. The Brit critics started calling him FAT TOM. He looks HUGE, as Trump would say. What happened? Failed film career?

I already watched this season and the Christmas Special -- thank you SkyBox! Yes, he did plump up a bit, but not nearly as huge as the tabloids make it sound. Still wouldn't toss him out of bed ;)

BBD, please don't reveal anything. I am actively ignoring anyone who is over-sharing. I'd die if I had to put you on ignore! Well, I'm not sure I could actually ignore ya. You are more precious than my Downton...right up there, just behind pecan pie.

Archived