Montreal in the winter time?

Atlantagaguy
This topic is 3134 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am considering going to the Winter Carnival in Quebec City this winter. Just would like some information what Montreal would be like that time of the year. I know it’s cold and snowy but are the clubs still fun or does everyone just stay in and not get out? Any suggestions while I am there during the Winter? Thank you in Advance!

I for one hate snow...cold I can deal with. In my experience, Canada is strangely underrated as a destination in the Winter. no weather event keeps our wonderful (gay) neighbors up north from having a good time. I haven't been to winter carnival, but I've been to Montreal many times in the most atrocious of weather conditions, and those boys know how to have a good time anywhere, anyhow, and anytime!

PS - if you are indeed from ATL, I highly recommend you make a trip further up north to buy proper winter attire and boots before your foray. :)

I am considering going to the Winter Carnival in Quebec City this winter. Just would like some information what Montreal would be like that time of the year. I know it’s cold and snowy but are the clubs still fun or does everyone just stay in and not get out? Any suggestions while I am there during the Winter? Thank you in Advance!

Yes it is cold and snowy, yes it is absolutely gorgeous, yes the boys will be out and about and ready for fun. I have had more fun there in the winter than the summer, even spending a New Years Eve or two...don't hesitate to go.

PLUS...FYI There is the underground, which is wonderful.

In the video, she exits the metro at Berri-UQAM, right on Sainte Catherine's. Looking to the left you see the park and the Hotel Gouverneur, which is right down the street from all the bars. :D

For the last few years, I've made it a habit to visit Montreal during the winter. It's certainly a different experience than the summer, but since I come from a place with no snow, I enjoy a brief experience of the cold winters. Walking on the frozen, slushy sidewalks leaves me in constant fear of falling on my butt, but its an adventure I look forward to. And, as another poster said, the underground city in downtown Montreal is vast... I've easily walked 5 miles without setting foot outside.

Agree with all the suggestions above---particularly spending time in the Metro Underground City and then heading to the stripper bars where it is always warm in temps and HOT in atmosphere. The strippers are happy to see you and will make your visit memorable. The locals know how to dress warmly and maneuver the often icy sidewalks--but you can limit your exposure and safely get from the hotel to the bars.

GO and enjoy.

Archived