Bruce Jenner

Edward
This topic is 3151 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Perhaps he's waiting until you're finished. http://www.boytoy.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

http://linkis.com/url-image/http://2.static.img-dpreview.com/files/p/articles/5673928692/Flying_Leap__Zanzibar-1.jpeg

Wait just one minute there mister....is that the Malecon of Havana?.....

Then yes, I am more than willing to jump first. :D:D:D:D:D

http://www.siouxnesi.com/data/photos/112_1cuba_boys.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for that, BVB. The current term is transgender, not transsexual.

You are referring to crossdressing, which is different than being transgender. Caitlyn Jenner is transgender. If you want to get a shoe firmly planted in your esophagus, refer to a transgender person as a crossdresser. If you want to get a shoe firmly planted in a smaller orifice, refer to a transgender person as a "tranny."

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Transgender_vs_Transsexual

Caitlyn Jenner is transgender. If you want to get a shoe firmly planted in your esophagus, refer to a transgender person as a crossdresser. If you want to get a shoe firmly planted in a smaller orifice, refer to a transgender person as a "tranny."

You wanna get a shoe planted in BOTH places, refer to Caitlyn as a "granny". :D But Curious, WHAT does everyone think the criteria SHOULD be for a legal change??? I imagine some states req the SRS because there is no going back, esp for those who transition from M to F, and they don't want ppl going back and forth? I DO know two TG ppl who didn't have SRS and DID transition back, took out the implants stopped the Estrogen and went back to being gay men. (I don't know any Str8 men who transitioned without SRS who went back thou, by str8 I mean they continued to have relationships with women after they transitioned) Maybe the ONLY req for a legal change should be a "one-time only" rule?? Regardless of surgery or no surgery, simply the commitment to live as the opp gender is enough?? But you can only legally change ONCE which may prevent decisions not fully thought out?? IDK.

Caitlyn Jenner is transgender. If you want to get a shoe firmly planted in your esophagus, refer to a transgender person as a crossdresser. If you want to get a shoe firmly planted in a smaller orifice, refer to a transgender person as a "tranny."

You wanna get a shoe planted in BOTH places, refer to Caitlyn as a "granny". :D

THAT's funny!

But Curious, WHAT does everyone think the criteria SHOULD be for a legal change??? I imagine some states req the SRS because there is no going back, esp for those who transition from M to F, and they don't want ppl going back and forth? I DO know two TG ppl who didn't have SRS and DID transition back, took out the implants stopped the Estrogen and went back to being gay men. (I don't know any Str8 men who transitioned without SRS who went back thou, by str8 I mean they continued to have relationships with women after they transitioned) Maybe the ONLY req for a legal change should be a "one-time only" rule?? Regardless of surgery or no surgery, simply the commitment to live as the opp gender is enough?? But you can only legally change ONCE which may prevent decisions not fully thought out?? IDK.

That's an interesting question. I think a driver's license, for example, should reflect the image, name, and gender of the person who is licensed to drive. If someone who was born male and named "Bill" identifies as a woman; has gone through hormone therapy, chest surgery, laser hair removal; and has changed their name to "Barbara" I think Barbara's driver's license should reflect a picture of Barbara, the name "Barbara," and the gender "female." That being said, what is the purpose of specifying gender on a driver's license?

Straying slightly off-topic, I know a woman who was born a man. She served in the Marines and after retiring decided to finally start living as the woman she always felt she was. I do not know whether she had SRS, but she did go through hormone therapy, had implants, etc. She is more of a girly-girl than most women, both gay and straight, I know who were born women.

That being said, what is the purpose of specifying gender on a driver's license?

Or lots of other places, for that matter.

A person I enjoy hanging out with at my favorite watering hole is delightfully hard to pigeonhole. Though I've never asked, I think she was born a man, but she identifies as a woman. A lesbian, in fact. She dresses in mannish clothes and is sexually attracted to women. She wears her hair long, with a bit of eye makeup, though her facial features are masculine. Since she's slim and wears masculine clothes, I don't know how her tingly parts manifest themselves. All I know is that she identifies as a woman and that we have a lot of laughs, which is good enough for me.

I guess there are times when it's important to check the gender box but, honestly, I think there are lots more times when it isn't. Medically, I expect doctors are smart enough to deal with whatever plumbing they find under the dressing gown. And a good psychiatrist is used to dealing with issues as they present themselves.

Personally, I can't think of any benefit to me from putting a label on someone any different from the label they put on themselves. If they even do.

And it wouldn't surprise me to see labels begin to disappear as the years go by.

http://images.onlinelabels.com/Images/Predesign/00000001/227/Madison-Avenue-Name-Tag-Label.png

Watch the DOC "Southern Comfort". Amazing doc about participants in an annual TG convention, AND the nighmare of a F-M TG who's appearance was CONVINCINGLY that of a middle aged good-ole-Southern boy trucker/hunter, but who never had SRS. DENIED treatment for a gynocological cancer by SEVERAL uncomfortable doctors until it was too late to save him. Horrifying!

Watch the DOC "Southern Comfort". Amazing doc about participants in an annual TG convention, AND the nighmare of a F-M TG who's appearance was CONVINCINGLY that of a middle aged good-ole-Southern boy trucker/hunter, but who never had SRS. DENIED treatment for a gynocological cancer by SEVERAL uncomfortable doctors until it was too late to save him. Horrifying!

Physicians do tend to be amazingly reactionary. I speak from experience.

You wanna get a shoe planted in BOTH places, refer to Caitlyn as a "granny". :D But Curious, WHAT does everyone think the criteria SHOULD be for a legal change??? I imagine some states req the SRS because there is no going back, esp for those who transition from M to F, and they don't want ppl going back and forth? I DO know two TG ppl who didn't have SRS and DID transition back, took out the implants stopped the Estrogen and went back to being gay men. (I don't know any Str8 men who transitioned without SRS who went back thou, by str8 I mean they continued to have relationships with women after they transitioned) Maybe the ONLY req for a legal change should be a "one-time only" rule?? Regardless of surgery or no surgery, simply the commitment to live as the opp gender is enough?? But you can only legally change ONCE which may prevent decisions not fully thought out?? IDK.

Well not all states require SRS. the majority if I remember the map correctly do require SRS, then some of the more liberal centered states don't require SRS, just stating they are transgendered or transsexual., and only like 2 or 3.. absolutely will not change any legal documents SRS or not, unless court ordered. ahh here it is.. have to love Wikipedia sometimes :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_aspects_of_transsexualism_in_the_United_States

• 2 months later...

Archived