Amnesty's Resolution Calling for Decriminalization of Sex Work

josh282282
This topic is 3202 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey Commrades,

I found this post on a recent Amnesty International call to decriminalize sex work. Its from the columinst, Dan Savage and his interview with a sex worker, Mistress Matisse. Its illuminating.

http://www.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/2015/08/11/22680641/mistress-matisse-reacts-to-amnestys-resolution-calling-for-decriminalization-of-sex-work

If you are unfamiliar with Dan Savage this is a great oportunity to become aquainted with his work. He is a sex advice columist, considered by some to be the best currently out there.

Cheers.

Another huge Dan Savage fan. I've seen him speaking twice live, and he signed a couple of his books for me.

+1 - Never seen him live though.

Dan was in Australia a couple of years ago speaking at the Festival of Dangerous Ideas at the Opera House. I saw him on a couple of ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation - public broadcaster, not your ABC) news/panel shows, and watched his FDI talk on-line, and an hour long interview on Melbourne LGBTI station JOY FM. I've bought his latest book and love his work. My only issue is that he has a range of well reherased lines that he keeps using (but for the most part they are ideas that need to be repeated for the slow learners).

Archived