Unusual travel experience

sam.fitzpatrick
This topic is 3216 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found that out with my board shorts when trying a 'Fly Board' last weekend. it's kind of a skateboard with water jets powered by the water exhaust from a Jet Ski. Luckily, it was far enough out in the lake that I didn't scandalize anyone, except possibly the incredibly hot kid driving the Jet Ski. Who's probably seen it all.

Getting back to the theme of this post:

I went to England with my sister [she's a great travel companion: She'll talk to anybody, whereas I'm rather shy]. I had arranged:

The car to the airport

The flight to and from LHR (From BOS)

The rental car

Four (4 out of 5) places to stay

Her sole responsibility: Buy a camera. We have no photos of that trip.

I wanted to try Virgin Atlantic desperately. I had book us in Premium Economy, upstairs in a 747, my favourite plane.

We got to the airport, rather nattily dressed, and I handed our ephemera to the check-in lady.

Immediately, she starts re-writing all of our paperwork.

"Uh, excuse me, but we already have seat assignments?"

"Yes, sir. We always have to re-seat this flight."

"Where are you putting us?"

"Row seven."

"Row SEVEN? But that's Upper Class!"

"[rather indignantly] Yes, sir, I'm upgrading you."

On the way back, similar interaction:

"[on check-in] Is there any chance you could upgrade us?"

"[indignantly] Sir! I'm doing it right now!"

I checked online later (2001) and discovered that Upgrades on Virgin Atlantic were scarce as hen's teeth. Maybe my

sister's sun dress and my blazer / rep tie / button down / charcoal pants did it. Or that we travel as Dr. XX and Dr. XX-YY.

It's worked for me on Virgin....:D Well that and telling the agent how positively adorable she was, and much I liked her hair. :D

I got it one time returning to USA from France. Ticket agent just did it out of the blue. I was wearing I suppose 'Paris street casual,' dress slacks & shirt & blazer. Meanwhile my co-worker traveling with me was dressed for the supermarket back home -- jeans and t-shirt. He was left back in cattle class. :D

I got it one time returning to USA from France. Ticket agent just did it out of the blue. I was wearing I suppose 'Paris street casual,' dress slacks & shirt & blazer. Meanwhile my co-worker traveling with me was dressed for the supermarket back home -- jeans and t-shirt. He was left back in cattle class. :D

LMAO.....

Archived