This is your brain on tea party. (What rentboy involved?)

dutchmuch
This topic is 3219 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

LansingState Rep. Todd Courser planned the distribution of a fictional email alleging he had sex with a male prostitute in a bid to conceal his relationship with Rep. Cindy Gamrat, according to audio recordings obtained by The Detroit News.

Courser, a Lapeer Republican, said on one recording the email was designed to create “a complete smear campaign” of exaggerated, false claims about him and Gamrat so a public revelation about the legislators’ relationship would seem “mild by comparison.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2015/08/06/recordings-state-rep-asked-aide-hide-relationship/31269315/

It reminds me a bit of the movie "Walk the Dog", where they engineered a fictional massacre somewhere in the middle east to take news focus off a politician's affair. Except more fun.

There are lots of calls for Courser's resignation. A member of his staff, who was directed to send out the fictional email, refused to cooperate.

It reminds me a bit of the movie "Walk the Dog", where they engineered a fictional massacre somewhere in the middle east to take news focus off a politician's affair. Except more fun.

Wag the Dog is a 1997 black comedy film[3] produced and directed by Barry Levinson. The screenplay by Hilary Henkin and David Mamet was loosely adapted from Larry Beinhart's novel American Hero. The film stars Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro, with Anne Heche, Denis Leary, and William H. Macy in supporting roles.

Just days before a presidential election, a Washington, D.C. spin doctor (De Niro) distracts the electorate from a sex scandal by hiring a Hollywood film producer (Hoffman) to construct a fake war with Albania.

Two months ago, State Rep. Todd Courser introduced legislation that would (among other things) require marriage licenses to be signed by a religious leader — atheists be damned. He did all he could to get in the way of gay marriages, while having an extramarital affair himself. Now he instructs an aide to concoct a false gay smear, and when the aide does the right thing and refuses, he fires the aide.

What a piece of work, or, "Family Values" at work.

Does anyone else think the affair was actually to cover up the male prostitute allegation that was probably true?

Apparently at least one other poster does, as evidenced by the following post three-up from yours:

Another theory: the affair with the woman and the recording are the set up, because he wants to cover-up that he really had sex with the male prostitute.

Two months ago, State Rep. Todd Courser introduced legislation that would (among other things) require marriage licenses to be signed by a religious leader — atheists be damned. He did all he could to get in the way of gay marriages, while having an extramarital affair himself. Now he instructs an aide to concoct a false gay smear, and when the aide does the right thing and refuses, he fires the aide.

What a piece of work, or, "Family Values" at work.

I read about the marriage license legislation proposal, I did not realize it was the same guy. Wow. No mirrors in his house, I'm guessing.

Archived