A Divine Classic - Female Trouble(1974)!!

JDXXX
This topic is 3163 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11hje64hc

http://pics.filmaffinity.com/Female_Trouble_Cosas_de_hembras-994031627-large.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/e7d72d73389d5337c430b068dba9b305/tumblr_nj2niv7Htq1r81kteo1_500.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a2da52832f2143890221e53d56afe5cb/tumblr_nckv3tgFK81r81kteo1_500.jpg

Anyone from the forum remember seeing the famous cult film when it was first released? Recently became a Divine fan, and have to say Female Trouble is a all-time favorite for most Divine fans and one of the most well beloved John Waters films ever created.

I think this particular classic is a little better then Pink Flamingos, but Pink Flamingos was a hit in it's own right. :D.

Remember the famous Cha Cha Heels scene????? LOL. :rolleyes:. Pure classic line from the movie. :p

http://38.media.tumblr.com/fb2136d94275f06a7f450e6c3a94137a/tumblr_my5ybsnyPJ1rk54eco4_500.gif

If you haven't seen it, watch it as it'll have you dying laughing.

Below is a video clip of John Waters answering a Q&A about the movie.

Enjoy!!! :cool:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's definitely my favorite Waters film and Divine roll. I first saw it on VHS in the mid 1980s and was immediately obsessed. I watched it every day after work for a couple of weeks. To this day, I still have a lot of the dialog memorized. And I cherish my autographed copy of John Waters' Christmas cd, on which he wrote (at my suggestion): "Not on Christmas."

LOVE his movies, loved Divine. DIVINE was the FIRST celeb I saw THE DAY I moved to LA when I was 18! At a kind of famous coffee shop called Silver Spoon in WeHo. NEVER would have recognized him as Divine had my buddy not pointed him out a few tables away on the outdoor patio. This was sometime after Christmas, he was gone not too long after I saw him. I remember being so shocked. He was very heavy but, well, he always was. But he looked in perfect health. I often wonder in the RuPaul network (LOGO) as I call it since that's all that seems to be on, would be the "Divine" network were she still here. (It'd be BETTER I think:cool:

Hey JD - cool post. I have been a Divine and John Waters fan from the mid 70s. I got to meet Divine and even recieved a kiss on the lips! I used to hang out in Baltimore with Eddie Massey (The Egg Lady). We would go to dinner and parties with a lot of the Dreamland Studios stars. She was so kind and fun.

Thanks!

Thank You American Executive. So glad you and others here on the forum are enjoying the post as seeing the movie I know is way far better. However, it's nice to share and reminisce and share what it was like to see this movie back in the day along with other memories about Divine that was a for sure treasure. :D

Guest Starbuck
LOVE his movies, loved Divine. DIVINE was the FIRST celeb I saw THE DAY I moved to LA when I was 18! At a kind of famous coffee shop called Silver Spoon in WeHo. NEVER would have recognized him as Divine had my buddy not pointed him out a few tables away on the outdoor patio...

I have mentioned my own Divine sighting on the Forum once before ...

Wigless, in pants instead of a dress (but still enormously and unmistakably Divine) stepping out of a fancy convertible to get a cone at Swensen's Ice Cream Shop on the corner of Union and Hyde in San Francisco while three or four exceptionally beautiful boys waited in the car. (I really didn't understand why not one of those pretty DOPES didn't know to GET THE CONE FOR HER. But, y'know, beauty, brains ... we can't all get both.)

Anyway ... ice cream, a carload of boys ... many lickable choices ...

My signature quote may be from Polyester, but Female Trouble is by far my favorite Divine movie.

Can't see sig files on my phone. I'll have to check it out when I get home. I took my mom to see Polyester for her birthday. I was such an awesome child. ;)

Can't see sig files on my phone. I'll have to check it out when I get home. I took my mom to see Polyester for her birthday. I was such an awesome child. ;)

Here you go.

"He's here Francine. At first I thought he was walking his dog. Then I realized, it was his date" - Cuddles (Polyester 1981)

Here you go.

"He's here Francine. At first I thought he was walking his dog. Then I realized, it was his date" - Cuddles (Polyester 1981)

God I love Edith Massey! Actually got to meet her once, just a couple of years before she died. She really has great lines in Polyester. "You are a cochon. And that means pig!"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived