A Virtual Tour Of Freedom Tower

thickornotatall
This topic is 3225 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We had a wonderful tour of Freedom Tower..up close ......my ears popped in the super fast elevator...incredible views...also went through the 911 Memorial and Museum....I bought a fire engine for my nephew....the following virtual tour is a great way for agoraphobes to visit....enjoy...https://player.vimeo.com/video/109935205?color=e8f2f7

We had a wonderful tour of Freedom Tower..up close ......my ears popped in the super fast elevator...incredible views...also went through the 911 Memorial and Museum....I bought a fire engine for my nephew....the following virtual tour is a great way for agoraphobes to visit....enjoy...https://player.vimeo.com/video/109935205?color=e8f2f7
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

During some shots in the tour, my legs turned to jelly just from watching the video. When I visit, I'll be the guy standing at least ten feet back from the windows at all times. :)

thanks, Thick.....I'll be back there in October and have a couple questions: was it actually more crowded than the few ghostly (!) images in the video?.....how long would an average visit be, not including the exterior memorial et al?....did it all seem well-operated and appropriate (or an over-priced tourist frenzy), considering the history?....

appreciate the video

thanks, Thick.....I'll be back there in October and have a couple questions: was it actually more crowded than the few ghostly (!) images in the video?.....how long would an average visit be, not including the exterior memorial et al?....did it all seem well-operated and appropriate (or an over-priced tourist frenzy), considering the history?....

appreciate the video

A truly great experience.....quite crowded..but manageable...you must buy tickets ahead of time...the schedule is online..we took the train to Franklin St and walked a few blocks....the Memorial Museum was well done....sort of sad...the voices played in the background from 911 emergency calls were chilling....we spent about 2.5 hours...I took lots of photos...We walked back home and talked about that day afterwards....stopped for lunch in SoHo...not to be missed..

Archived