Tab Hunter - A Trip Down Memory Lane Of A Classic.....

JDXXX
This topic is 3059 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

An old college buddy of mine thought up a windwhirl idea of seeing a Divine retro-classic movie(I'm a sucker for Divine movies - especially Female Trouble) I never seen or heard of before until now - Polyester.

Little did I know(until my college buddy informed me) the beginning title is sung by Tab Hunter, and written by Debbie Harry(70's goddess icon of the classic hit "Heart Of Glass" known as Blondie.

The song fits Tab's voice beautifully, and Kudos to Debbie Harry for such amazing lyrics. Love the song dearly as the harmony is just soothing, and refreshing as the song goes on. I can just kill, Ken(My college buddy) for getting me now hooked on it. Grrr.

My goodness was Tab a gorgeous man. Heard great things about him being a nice guy and all. Not only was Tab a hot actor back in the day, but an actor with a fabulous voice. Can't get no better then that right? :p

Enjoy Darlings!!! :cool:

HUGS,

I never saw the movie. But if I remember it right, it was an olfactory as well as a visual experience. When the movie was 1st released, you were given a scratch and sniff card. You were supposed to sniff different parts of the card at certain points in the movie that correlated with was going on in the movie.

Gman

I love Polyester. I have the dvd and my Odorama card remains unscratched. Some might say that Divine (Harris Glenn Milstead) wasn't a good actor, but he did have some range -- from the demented Babs Johnson in Pink Flamingos to the overwrought housewife, Francine Fishpaw, in Polyester.

At the time I was way too young to understand --

Tab Hunter was the star of the film "Damn Yankees."

I lived in a town in Massachusetts with a good summer theater. A year or so after the film, Tony Perkins played the lead role in "Damn Yankees" on stage in the town where I lived. "Fear Strikes Our" is another example of their unusual relationship. Tab Hunter played the lead in "Fear Strikes Out on TV; Tony Perkins did the film.

Perkins was a success on Broadway in the play "Look Homeward Angel" and to a lesser degree in the musical "Greenwillow." Hunter did a Tennesse Williams play that only lasted a few performance on Broadway.

98cab79936bdd1d822160d7261d44531.jpg

OMG I remember waiting on line FOREVER to see this down in the E Village like a midnight show, and my buds and I getting SO pissed when they announced they were OUT of the Smellorama cards!! (They finally got more and we did get to use em) I LOVE John Waters films like this, the BAD acting that was GOOD, the humor!

• 4 months later...

I lived in a town in Massachusetts with a good summer theater. A year or so after the film, Tony Perkins played the lead role in "Damn Yankees" on stage in the town where I lived. "Fear Strikes Our" is another example of their unusual relationship. Tab Hunter played the lead in "Fear Strikes Out on TV; Tony Perkins did the film.

Perkins was a success on Broadway in the play "Look Homeward Angel" and to a lesser degree in the musical "Greenwillow." Hunter did a Tennesse Williams play that only lasted a few performance on Broadway.

Actually, they do make a cute couple when you see these two studs together. :)

At least Greenwillow gave us that wonderful song "Never Will I Marry."

Perkins always looked creepy no matter how hard he tried not to. Hunter really was the All American boy next door. Interesting pairing but then Perkins seems to have slept with just about everyone. I'd enjoy hearing about the odd relationship he had with Sondheim while writing Last of Sheila. I bet that one would curl your toes.

Archived