81 and can still choke the chicken? Leave him alone!

dutchmuch
This topic is 3243 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

STRATFORD - An 81-year-old local man was arrested after police said he was spotted “humping” a bush in the buff.

Wallace Berg, of Russell Road, was charged with second-degree breach of peace and public indecency. He was released after posting a $10,000 bond.

Police said they received a call from a neighbor complaining that Berg was walking around his backyard with no clothes on. They said the neighbor took some video of Berg’s actions, which he later showed them.

After witnessing the bush incident, police said the neighbor told them he confronted Berg who, “stopped the indecent behavior, covered himself with a grill cover, apologized to him and then went into the house.”

Police said Berg had been standing in plain view of anyone who happened to be in the area at the time.

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Stratford-man-charged-with-abusing-greenery-6410618.php?cmpid=fb

I agree 100%. We have people here in upstate NY who drive drunk, hit a person and get out on $1000 bail, or someone who has abused wife or children with much less; $10,000, come on. Unless there were small children around, not sure if I'd go to that extreme

Instead of videoing the poor guy maybe the person should have called an ambulance or asked, from afar, if he was ok or something along those lines. The guy is 81, covered himself, apologized then went inside. It doesn't seem as though he had any malicious intent. I think the person who "videoed" it is a perv!

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.BdA/gzmq3uyPBbpz2mtjKA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

There is an interesting grammar problem in the article written. " Police said they received a call from a neighbor complaining that Berg was walking around his backyard with no clothes on" I think you can interpret this sentence in two very different ways and as such the texture of the story if very different. Does the his in his backyard refer back to Berg or to the neighbor.

Clearly, if the nieighbor was looking in his own backyard and there was a naked man in the backyard, there is call for concern.

A naked man in his own backyard is more likely to be of no one else's concern, depending on fencing, bushes, lighting etc.

So is it clear to anyone whose backyard was the site of the nakedness?

Archived