Massage Cream & Condom Safety

corndog
This topic is 3252 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So, I've been seeing a masseur, and he wants to fuck me. Normally, I don't like to bottom, because it's never been very comfortable for me, perhaps due to the impatience or inexperience of the men who have tried. This guy, on the other hand, totally relaxes me with a great massage, including a finger or two up my ass, which feels great. I think that he might be the guy that can do it slowly and gently, and change my mind about bottoming.

My concern, however, is about safety. By the time we get to the point in the session where this could happen, every inch of my body, including the crack of my ass (and maybe even deeper) is liberally coated with massage cream. Massage cream, is undoubtedly oil-based. Oil-based products are supposedly kryptonite to condoms.

The wise members of this forum will undoubtedly suggest that I simply have a conversation with him about this issue before our next session, and negotiate safe practices. That is excellent advice, and probably the advice that I'd give. However, I'm feeling awkward about it, partly because it changes the vibe of the session, and I'm not sure how effectively he could do a massage while avoiding getting massage cream near my hole.

Another alternative would be to bring non-latex condoms that would be safe when used with massage cream. I don't have any experience with these, and I'm skeptical about their comfort and flexibility. Does anyone have any feedback to share with me on brands of non-latex condoms, and their compatibility with oil-based lubricants?

When it comes to safer sex, I realize that we all have to make our own personal judgements about what level of risk is acceptable. I invite opinions, however, about the relative risk of condom exposure to massage cream. I'm pretty sure that using a condom that has been exposed to massage cream is still better than no protection at all, but I'm unsure how quickly or how significantly oil-based products degrade latex. Any personal experiences to share?

Yes. This is a real concern. He needs to use a non-latex condom if there is any possibility of contact with massage lotion/creme/oil. (There are a few massage products formulated specifically to be safe with condoms, but they're expensive compared to other products and relatively hard to clean up. So there's no chance your guy is using one of those for routine massages. He may already have a favorite non-latex condom on hand. You should ask him. Alternatively, you could take the latex-safe product AND a sheet to your next appointment. This is my personal favorite: http://www.pjurusa.com/HIS_Enhancing_Silicone_p/pbg03004.htm It makes a nice slippery massage lotion, but it will stain your sheets--especially if you use enough to achieve that oily from head to toe feeling. Expect to use at least half of the small 100ml bottle, possibly all of it if either one of you is hairy. It will make a mess, but a heavenly mess. :) So be nice to your guy and take your own sheet.

Also, FWIW, in my experience the only times condoms have failed was when I was fucking a tight bottom... <ahem>

I don't care for silicon lube because it is difficult to wash off my ass. I can't imagine what it would feel like all over my body. I'd suggest using non-latex condoms. Both Trojan Bareskin Polyurethane and LifeStyles are very comfortable.

Archived