Strange, indelicate question: Has anyone else ever experienced this phenomenon?

Decatur Guy
This topic is 3291 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

... I was overcome with such a wave of the relief/relaxation/exhaustion thing that I seriously couldn't stay awake and ending up napping almost a full hour ..

So, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Decatur, you may have a medical condition.

A blood test might be in order ... http://www.ourhealth.com/conditions/gastrointestinal-conditions/severe-fatigue-after-bowel-movement

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking this might be more of a vasovagal response. Basically what happens is the nerves controlling your blood vessels cause them to widen. Your blood pressure drops, your blood pools away from your brain, and if it proceeds to its maximum effect, you faint.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response

In high school I took a Bible Class one quarter. It wasn't the elective I wanted. But the only other thing available was a Study Hall. Those were so boring I wanted to avoid that. The Quarter I took the class the subject was something called the New Testament. We were going over the Gospels one day-not a subject I was very familiar with-at least not from actually reading them as I'm Jewish. Well we went over the description of the Crucifixion of the nice Jewish boy Joshua. I had never heard graphic descriptions of the event before. The teacher was going over the part talking about the holes in his side and how,if I remember correctly, a soldier put a spear in one and fluid flowed out.

I could feel myself turning pale and breaking out into a cold sweat. I've never actually fainted before-but that's what it felt like I was about to do. Either the description of the injuries triggered a vasovagal episode, or I was touched by the Holy Ghost. I asked to be excused to the Nurse's Office. I looked so bad, the teacher sent another student with me to make sure I made it. I remember feeling very weak and leaning up agains the walls in the hall to support me on the way to the nurse. The whole experience showed me I wasn't going to be cut out for a career in medicine.

Very occasionally (and not in a long time) I've felt that way during/after a Call of Nature. It's also occurred in the past from a medical prostate exam a few times. I've almost fainted-and not from joy, believe me.

Vasovagal attacks can occur with ejaculation too.

So that's what it sounds like to me.

You should tell this to your doctor. In some cases it could indicate a heart problem.

Gman

Archived