9-5

Steven_Draker
This topic is 3288 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" started playing in my head before I even opened the thread.

Rob

Same here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP5AuDpgBX4

This afternoon I will be thinking about two of my favorite Doralee lines (and I might be paraphrasing)

"I'm gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot"

"Violet, honey, would you come over here for a second?"

"So, you've been tellin' everybody I've been sleepin' with ya, huh? Well, that explains it! That's why these people treat me like some dime-store floozy. They think I'm screwin' the boss! Oooh, and you just love it, don't you? It gives you some sort of cheap thrill like knockin' over pencils and pickin' up papers! Get your scummy hands offa me! Look I've been straight with you since the first day I got here, and I've put up with all of your pinchin' and starin' and chasin' me around the desk because I need this job. But this is the last straw! Look, I've got a gun out there in my purse. Up until now I've been forgivin' and forgettin' because of the way I was brought up, but I'll tell you one thing. If you ever say another word about me or make another indecent proposal, I'm gonna get that gun of mine, and I'm gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot! And don't think I can't do it!"

"So, you've been tellin' everybody I've been sleepin' with ya, huh? Well, that explains it! That's why these people treat me like some dime-store floozy. They think I'm screwin' the boss! Oooh, and you just love it, don't you? It gives you some sort of cheap thrill like knockin' over pencils and pickin' up papers! Get your scummy hands offa me! Look I've been straight with you since the first day I got here, and I've put up with all of your pinchin' and starin' and chasin' me around the desk because I need this job. But this is the last straw! Look, I've got a gun out there in my purse. Up until now I've been forgivin' and forgettin' because of the way I was brought up, but I'll tell you one thing. If you ever say another word about me or make another indecent proposal, I'm gonna get that gun of mine, and I'm gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot! And don't think I can't do it!"

"Honey, time marches on, and eventually you realize it is marchin across your face" From Steel Magnolias...she was delightful

9 to 5 was a great movie. No matter how many time I watch it, I still laugh just as hard as I did back in 1980. I was both surprised & disappointed they never made a sequel.

~ Boomer ~

Hasn't there been talk about Dolly, Jane, and Lily doing a sequel? Maybe it was wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

"Honey, time marches on, and eventually you realize it is marchin across your face" From Steel Magnolias...she was delightful

OMG, I love Steel Magnolias. (I am gay after all, lol) So many great quotable lines.

"Louie brought his new girlfriend over, and the nicest thing I can say about her is all her tattoos are spelled correctly."

Hasn't there been talk about Dolly, Jane, and Lily doing a sequel? Maybe it was wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

That would be awesome. I'm still hoping Dolly Parton will do a cameo on the new Lily Tomlin/Jane Fonda series on Netflix, "Grace and Frankie".

Rob

Same here and it's gonna be playing there for a looooooong time!

Think that's part of the test for Alzheimers! You passed, you have it!!!

Well WG2! You are totally mistaken. I have absolutely no recollection what-so-ever of posting that which you claim that I posted. So there!

In fact I have no idea why I'm even here. Could it be from all the orange dye in the Cheetos that I have been eating lately. I have them every morning for breakfast. That Way I will always remember what I ate for breakfast ya know.

Well I hope that you know because I certainly don't! o_O

As a matter of fact, I smoke pot.

OMG, I love Steel Magnolias. (I am gay after all, lol) So many great quotable lines.

"Louie brought his new girlfriend over, and the nicest thing I can say about her is all her tattoos are spelled correctly."

ROFLMAO.....that made my afternoon.

"Don't you tell me what I can or can't do! Those days are over! And if I want to have an affair, or play sex games, or do M&M's, you can't stop me!"

9-5: Hit the road buster! This is where you get off!

8-4: Hit that shit fucker! This is where you get off!

Similar dialogue, very different movies.

Archived