Grace and Frankie on Netflix

This topic is 1811 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, some touching moments too. I thought the scene where Frankie went to Robert's house after he kicked Sol out was so good. The best dramatic moment for me so far.

Yes! There are lots of great moments like that. I loved Frankie's "I'm the fuck-up!?!" speech.

• 3 years later...

Jane Fonda says she suffered a nervous breakdown during the first season of “Grace and Frankie” because she felt “triggered” by her character’s plotline of being abandoned by her husband for another man.

“It took me a season to come to care for my character. I had to go back into therapy and start Prozac,” the 81-year-old actress revealed to The Hollywood Reporter. “It took me a long time to figure out [my relationship with this character]. I had a nervous breakdown during the first season and I discovered it’s because the very first episode our husbands tell us that they are going to leave us after 40 years and marry each other and that triggered abandonment … oh, this is not a good thing to talk about.”

Fonda eventually grew to love her character on the Netflix hit.

“It was a big trigger, and I didn’t realize that a character in a comedy could actually trigger something very profound,” Fonda explained. “And so I love her and I learned to invite her into the room.”

That said, Fonda doesn’t want to emulate Grace.

“… I don’t really want to have to be anything like her,” she said. “We have too much in common as it is.”

Fonda was previously married to Roger Vadim, Tom Hayden and Ted Turner. She has said that all three of her ex-husbands cheated on her throughout their marriages.

thr-cover.png