"The ridiculous six", Native Americans walked off the set considering insulting to their people.

marylander1940
This topic is 3289 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

About a dozen Native American actors have walked off the set of an Adam Sandler movie comedy, saying the satirical Western's script is insulting to Native Americans and women, according to a report.

The walkout occurred Wednesday on the set of "The Ridiculous Six" near Las Vegas, New Mexico, according to the Indian Country Today Media Network.

The script called for native women's names such as "Beaver's Breath" and "No Bra" and an actress portraying an Apache woman to squat and urinate while smoking a peace pipe, ICTMN reported.

"When I began doing this film, I had an uneasy feeling inside of me and I felt so conflicted. ... We talked to the producers about our concerns. They just told us, 'If you guys are so sensitive, you should leave,' " said Allison Young, a Navajo and one of the actors who left the set.

"Nothing has changed," she told ICTMN. "We are still just Hollywood Indians."

"They were being disrespectful," added David Hill, a Choctaw actor. "They were bringing up those same old arguments that Dan Snyder uses in defending the (Washington) Redskins. But let me tell you, our dignity is not for sale."

Produced by Sandler's Happy Madison Productions as part of a four-picture deal with Netflix, "The Ridiculous Six" also stars Will Forte, Taylor Lautner, Steve Buscemi, John Turturro, Nick Nolte, Luke Wilson and Rob Schneider, among others.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/23/entertainment/adam-sandler-movie-ridiculous-six-feat/index.html

He is number 1 on my all time most despised actors/comedians list. I remember him from some silly MTV game show probably in the 90s and thinking he was a no-talent idiot. No accounting for what people like and what they find funny.

Archived