Robert Downey Jr. Walks Out of Super Uncomfortable Interview

marylander1940
This topic is 3288 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Iron Man was in no mood to take a trip down memory lane.

Robert Downey Jr. walked out of an interview on Wednesday while promoting The Avengers: Age of Ultron in the U.K. The 50-year-old actor was talking with Britain's Channel 4 News when interviewer Krishnan Guru-Murthy took the conversation in a random direction.

After four minutes of casually chatting about the upcoming film, Guru-Murthy asked Downey to clarify remarks he made to the New York Times in 2008 about how his political views changed while he was in prison.

The quote from RDJ at the time was, "You can't go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and really understand it and come out a liberal."

As you watch the clip, it's clear that Downey was uncomfortable as Guru-Murthy tried to set up this topic of conversation (if you can call it that). Ever the professional, the action star still attempted to give the reporter a quote anyways.

"The funny thing is, and I appreciate your point of view, things that you said five, seven years ago or things you said in an interview that made sense to you at the time, I could pick that apart for two hours and be no closer to the truth than I'd be giving you [in] some half-ass answer right now," Downey replied. "I couldn't even really tell you what a liberal is. So therein lies the answer to your question."

Guru-Murthy pressed on, "Does that mean you're not a liberal or that you come out of prison not being a liberal?"

"Um, are we promoting a movie?" Downey awkwardly laughed. "I'm certainly not going to back peddle on anything I've said… Actually, I wouldn’t say that I am a Republican, a liberal, or a Democrat. I think when I was talking to the person who was doing the interview that day, and um, that just happened to be my opinion. That's the nice thing is you can have opinions and they kind of change and flow."

Oh, but the awkwardness didn't end there.

More: https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/robert-downey-jr--walks-out-of-super-uncomfortable-interview-201906025.html

Archived