George Zimmeran compares himself to Anne Frank...

marylander1940
This topic is 3291 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

George Zimmerman's invoking Anne Frank while discussing his life after his acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin showed his ignorance of the girl whose diary of life hiding from the Nazis has inspired millions of people, the executive director of the Anne Frank Center in New York said Tuesday. Quoting Frank, Zimmerman said he too believes “that people are truly good at heart,” in an interview published Monday by the Orlando Sentinel.

Zimmerman was asked whether he is the same person now that he was five years ago before Martin's death. "Absolutely not," he said. "I have to have my guard up. … I still believe that people are truly good at heart, as Anne Frank has said, and I will put myself in any position to help another human in any way I can."

Zimmerman shouldn’t have made that comparison, according to Yvonne Simons, executive director of the Anne Frank Center, a gallery that contains reproductions of Frank’s famous diary, family photos and other artifacts from the Holocaust. “They have very different histories, let me put it like that. She lived her life with very high hopes and very high ideals and believing in humanity in a way that I wouldn’t compare to George Zimmerman,” Simons said. “It’s just unfortunate that he puts out a statement like that. Anne Frank was a Holocaust victim, and I think people have to be a little bit more careful when they compare their own situations, particularly when they have the kind of history that George Zimmerman has.”

http://www.ibtimes.com/george-zimmerman-compares-himself-anne-frank-they-have-very-different-histories-anne-1857634

George Zimmerman's invoking Anne Frank while discussing his life after his acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin showed his ignorance of the girl whose diary of life hiding from the Nazis has inspired millions of people, the executive director of the Anne Frank Center in New York said Tuesday. Quoting Frank, Zimmerman said he too believes “that people are truly good at heart,” in an interview published Monday by the Orlando Sentinel.

Zimmerman was asked whether he is the same person now that he was five years ago before Martin's death. "Absolutely not," he said. "I have to have my guard up. … I still believe that people are truly good at heart, as Anne Frank has said, and I will put myself in any position to help another human in any way I can."

Zimmerman shouldn’t have made that comparison, according to Yvonne Simons, executive director of the Anne Frank Center, a gallery that contains reproductions of Frank’s famous diary, family photos and other artifacts from the Holocaust. “They have very different histories, let me put it like that. She lived her life with very high hopes and very high ideals and believing in humanity in a way that I wouldn’t compare to George Zimmerman,” Simons said. “It’s just unfortunate that he puts out a statement like that. Anne Frank was a Holocaust victim, and I think people have to be a little bit more careful when they compare their own situations, particularly when they have the kind of history that George Zimmerman has.”

http://www.ibtimes.com/george-zimmerman-compares-himself-anne-frank-they-have-very-different-histories-anne-1857634

George Zimmerman is a horrible person, but his words were a reasonable paraphrase of Anne Frank's words and i do not see any attempt to compare Anne Frank and himself. i once quoted Mae West but it didn't give me big tits and a sassy attitude. (i already had those, cursed man tits)

Archived