Gaiety - NYC - 10 year anniversary of closing

This topic is 2759 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks for the reminiscence about The Gaiety, The Adonis and of course The Show Palace! I lived in that neighborhood and it was such a crazy area in the late 70s and 80s. Between the three places you would see locals, Broadway stars, government officials and once in a while someone from Hollywood. Lots of ball caps and sunglasses LOL. Robin Byrd was such a character ,but she always had it going on at the beginning of cable television. A lot of history there.

David Ashfield, Eric Ryan, Chris Stone, Chris Thompson who was always bored out of his mind. Jim Bentley, tons of fun. The beautiful Al Parker,also tended bar on the upper West side. And of course Leo And Lance. It was like a gay boys three ring circus in Time Square.

And then there was The Rambles........

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gaiety was the first place I ever dabbled in pay 4 play. Was there with a bunch of friends during a wild night out for a buddy's birthday. Definitely loving the show, which was fascinating in that they had some fairly professional performances going on, for the strip routines and the incredibly handsome models, against a back drop of total seedy sleaze !...that shimmer curtain OMG classic ! ha. Then VITO comes out on stage. I was in love. That boy couldn't have been more perfect to my particular tastes. Delicious from head to toe. I had to get another look at him...so I headed to the "meet and greet" Lounge. ......Vito comes out from backstage, takes one look at me there dressed in my nice designer clothing and Sportcoat and makes a bee line for me. ( I am about 36 and in good shape at the time). Asks if I wanted a "private show". I asked: "how much is a private show" ? Unfortunately I only had about $ 80 in my pocket ( not having planned to order up a private show)...so Vito says ok, no problem..how about a SAMPLE ? How much is a "sample" ? It's $ 80 ! ...*PERFECT* !! Went next door to some cheesy hotel and fucked our brains out for about an hour. That was SOME sample ! Granted I was almost as fit as he was in those days....so he wasn't suffering through the moment. Saw him a few times after that. My first education in sex and commerce. Best $80 I ever spent ! ha.

The Gaiety was the first place I ever dabbled in pay 4 play. Was there with a bunch of friends during a wild night out for a buddy's birthday. Definitely loving the show, which was fascinating in that they had some fairly professional performances going on, for the strip routines and the incredibly handsome models, against a back drop of total seedy sleaze !...that shimmer curtain OMG classic ! ha. Then VITO comes out on stage. I was in love. That boy couldn't have been more perfect to my particular tastes. Delicious from head to toe. I had to get another look at him...so I headed to the "meet and greet" Lounge. ......Vito comes out from backstage, takes one look at me there dressed in my nice designer clothing and Sportcoat and makes a bee line for me. ( I am about 36 and in good shape at the time). Asks if I wanted a "private show". I asked: "how much is a private show" ? Unfortunately I only had about $ 80 in my pocket ( not having planned to order up a private show)...so Vito says ok, no problem..how about a SAMPLE ? How much is a "sample" ? It's $ 80 ! ...*PERFECT* !! Went next door to some cheesy hotel and fucked our brains out for about an hour. That was SOME sample ! Granted I was almost as fit as he was in those days....so he wasn't suffering through the moment. Saw him a few times after that. My first education in sex and commerce. Best $80 I ever spent ! ha.

I just loved the Mylar stage curtain, and the punchbowl and pretzels in the lounge. And if you sat up close to the stage, you could just about smell the dancers sweaty balls as they squatted down to retrieve their dollars.

Today is the 10th anniversary of the date that the Gaiety closed - 03/18/2005. I expected to see a discussion in this forum!

I visited the Gaiety three times before it closed. Was lucky to join two hot guys at their places after the show. One was big Giovanni who is still around whose big cock was a joy. The other was a little cutie, Tim, from Denver the first night he danced there. He was a delightful bottom. Really miss those times.

Archived