Eye Makeup - Yes, No, Maybe

doitb4ugo
This topic is 3383 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A

Don't you want me baby? Don't you want me, oooooooooooooohhhhhh?

http://simonfowlersarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/phil-oakey-human-leaguea1-1024x972.jpg

I always thought Phil Oakey's look kicked ass. personally.

He's a handsome guy. I'd love being with him once he gave up smoking, took the earrings out, and washed the eyeliner and rest of the make-up off. But as countryboywny said-that's just me. Doesn't mean I couldn't be friends with him. Just not really attracted to him that way. But that's ok because I know he wouldn't be attracted to me either.

Gman

You know it really is all a matter of what goes around comes around. Historically men have worn their hair long for more time than they have worn it short. Egyptian pharaoh's wore heavy eyeliner. European aristocrats in the eighteenth century wore pastel colored clothing and face makeup. Some men in Victorian England wore face makeup without recrimination. There really are no new styles just old ones that reoccur. Frankly as I see it, it really is no BFD.

Eye makeup is this decade's earrings. Remember those? Everyone's grandmother "had a fit."

The development of trends is discussed in one of the books written by Malcolm Gladwell and is an interesting read. These things usually start with the club kids who are pretty fearless and WANT to stand out and be unique, and go from there. By the time mainstream has started to adopt the trend, it's considered passé at its source. I find this kind of stuff fascinating and it's yet another career field I wish I had gone into.

The development of trends is discussed in one of the books written by Malcolm Gladwell and is an interesting read. These things usually start with the club kids who are pretty fearless and WANT to stand out and be unique, and go from there. By the time mainstream has started to adopt the trend, it's considered passé at its source. I find this kind of stuff fascinating and it's yet another career field I wish I had gone into.

yes, the evolution of trends interests me, also.....even right down to, for example, the granite counters/stainless steel appliances fad so popular in kitchens (until recently!!!!).....I have to wonder how many people remodeled their kitchens with granite and s/s because everybody else was doing it, how many people really researched the best products for their needs, and how many people just stayed as put because it all was still working.....and, in my area of the country, people went all "Tuscan" several years ago, spending millions on new construction because it was the "it" thing.....now, like granite counters, Tuscan is passe.....

good point about the "club kids", Chris......they are the trendsetters and they laugh when it catches on with mainstream folks who do it just because it seems to be the thing.....

sheeple:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheeple

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sheeple

http://exopermaculture.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/ohthesheeple-gogetyouriphonebecausethatswhat_d40048_4575429.jpg

yes, the evolution of trends interests me, also.....even right down to, for example, the granite counters/stainless steel appliances fad so popular in kitchens (until recently!!!!).....I have to wonder how many people remodeled their kitchens with granite and s/s because everybody else was doing it, how many people really researched the best products for their needs, and how many people just stayed as put because it all was still working.....and, in my area of the country, people went all "Tuscan" several years ago, spending millions on new construction because it was the "it" thing.....now, like granite counters, Tuscan is passe.....

good point about the "club kids", Chris......they are the trendsetters and they laugh when it catches on with mainstream folks who do it just because it seems to be the thing.....

sheeple:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheeple

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sheeple

http://exopermaculture.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/ohthesheeple-gogetyouriphonebecausethatswhat_d40048_4575429.jpg

LOL LOL....Guilty as charged sir. Funny stuff azdr, but the reality is, your assessment is both unfair and far too simplistic, funny, but still unfair.

Eye makeup is this decade's earrings. Remember those? Everyone's grandmother "had a fit.

Not really a fan of earrings on men especially if I'm trying to nuzzle someone's ear. I'm not fond of the taste of metal-same thing for other various piercings. On the other hand-women wearing earrings do nothing for me either. But I'm not big into any jewelry. I don't wear rings. I don't have a chain of something around my neck (although maybe I should for medical reasons). I wear a watch occasionally but even then it's usually a plastic Casio or a cheap Walmart something. I remember as a child in the '60's I for some reason didn't like the look of ID bracelets that a lot of guys wore. In the '70's when chokers or pukka shells were popular on men's necks, I didn't like them either.

Gman

Viva la difference!! Unlike Gar1eth I love jewelry. I have always followed the principle that it can’t be too big and one can’t wear too much.

I have, however, never been a big fan of men wearing clear colored stones. But I have shopped all over the world for jewelry for my sister and friends; gold and smoky topazes in Korea, pearls in Japan, jade in Honk Kong, blue and green sapphires in Thailand, garnets and rubies in India, and aquamarines in Egypt.

For myself I love Zuni and Navajo silver and turquoise jewelry. I’ve been invited to the wedding of a former student of mine Saturday at a nearby ranch. The invitation requests cowboy chic dress – whatever the hell that means. I intend to wear black Levis, black short sleeved cowboy shirt and tons of Zuni cluster turquoise jewelry. It will include a large cluster bolo tie with tips, a large belt buckle and at least one, possible two, large cluster bracelets. Additionally I always wear a silver chain around my neck and a very large Navajo turquoise and silver ring. Those of you who know me will readily testify that I don’t have a subtle bone in my body.

Viva la difference!! Unlike Gar1eth I love jewelry. I have always followed the principle that it can’t be too big and one can’t wear too much.

I have, however, never been a big fan of men wearing clear colored stones. But I have shopped all over the world for jewelry for my sister and friends; gold and smoky topazes in Korea, pearls in Japan, jade in Honk Kong, blue and green sapphires in Thailand, garnets and rubies in India, and aquamarines in Egypt.

For myself I love Zuni and Navajo silver and turquoise jewelry. I’ve been invited to the wedding of a former student of mine Saturday at a nearby ranch. The invitation requests cowboy chic dress – whatever the hell that means. I intend to wear black Levis, black short sleeved cowboy shirt and tons of Zuni cluster turquoise jewelry. It will include a large cluster bolo tie with tips, a large belt buckle and at least one, possible two, large cluster bracelets. Additionally I always wear a silver chain around my neck and a very large Navajo turquoise and silver ring. Those of you who know me will readily testify that I don’t have a subtle bone in my body.

Amen...

Archived