Music+Photography+Beautiful Man Dancing=Unbelievable

namchebaz
This topic is 3373 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I watched this a few days ago. It IS beautiful, but I kept thinking the dancer's presence was too big for the space. Maybe he's "supposed" to feel hemmed in, but he'd just start flying around and crash into a wall. :( Give the man an open field!

T

I watched this a few days ago. It IS beautiful, but I kept thinking the dancer's presence was too big for the space. Maybe he's "supposed" to feel hemmed in, but he'd just start flying around and crash into a wall. :( Give the man an open field!

T

Yeah, I interpreted it as a reflection of the repressive sense of control that "traditional" belief systems can create, made even less tolerable by the considerable amount of hypocrisy to be found when you dig more than about 3 inches deep into what they say and do.

Ooops, did I say that out loud?

Check this out if you haven't seen it...Sergei Polunin dances to Hozier's "Take Me to Church". Directed by David LaChapelle.

So beautiful.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/10/sergei-polunin-hozier_n_6655920.html

Odd man out I guess. I was neither distracted by his tattoos or the space. I was captivated the sheer beauty of dance piece and by the music. I actually had to go back and look for the tattoos that seemed to bother everyone else. It was stunning....

As most of you know, I detest tattoos for many reasons, but found that I could over look them in this piece, which is stunning, erotic, evocative and just plain beautiful... he is a very talented dancer, but just wish he had not spoiled his body with those tats... but even with my prejudice about them, it did not take away from his stunning performance. I hope to see him perform in person one of these days soon.

This is a beautiful video. Thanks for sharing, namchebaz!

I watched the first minute or so and to be perfectly honest was so distracted by the tattoos, which get in the way of the pure lines of the dancer's body, that I turned it off.

I'm not attracted by these tattoos either, but I can make abstarction of many imperfections the human body has and focus on what is the beautiful. :cool:

I love dance and I can generally deal with tattoos. In this case, for me at least, they destroy the mood of the piece. The set and atmosphere is a misty white and that includes the dancer’s tights and most of his body. Thus the harsh contrast of the tattoos to everything else breaks the mood and distracts.

Archived