NYC Hotels Near Manhattan Cruise Line Port

rocky
This topic is 3384 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi. Will be leaving from NYC on a cruise on NCL from Manhattan. Anyone have suggestions for a reasonable

hotel to stay at the evening before the cruise. Be coming in from out of the city. While I'd like to say money

isn't an object, but reasonableness is appreciated. Somewhere that might be near the excitement and gay

part of NYC but not tremendously far from the port. Thanks, hope someone has some guidance. Rocky

If you're traveling in the next few weeks, you're hitting at a good "off season" moment, with rooms running far below their typical Manhattan highs.

There are a few reasonable joints in that immediate area (Ink48 on the slightly higher end, AmsterdamCourt on a perhaps more moderate tip) but you'll likely find the most affordable MidtownWest rooms near or just below TimesSquare, where most of the mid-tier corporate chains (HiltonGarden, MarriottCourt and the like) have outposts. Not sure about of anything that would be reasonable in the heart of gay HK, but that's what comes to mind...

FYI Hit Flaming Saddles on 9th n 51st -52nd for a fun and laid back mixed crowd etc and if a darker cruise-y place is your thang The Atlas is 60 feet away :-) It's funny when I read "Gay part of NY" having been born and raised here and seen the fancy schmancy hoods of my youth like the Upper East Side become the cheapest place to live and the bohemian gay ghetto of The Village the most expensive lol, but a "Gay Part" is rapidly becoming a thing of the past with gentrification, ala an Italian hood or Jewish hood etc. When I was 20 The Village was packed w bars in every direction as far as 6th ave and on Christopher all the way to the river and the West Sd Highway. Going to "The Village meant going to a gay hood. There's still some mainstay bars of course that have been there 40-50 years, but it's mostly high-end mixed buisinesses or joints catering to bridge n tunnel college kids or boarded up bldngs along the river, and the 400$ a mo walk up I had is now part of a private residence scooped up and re-hab'd by a str8 celeb fam. Socially everything is so wide open now that bars are spread out across the whole Island. Can't decide if it's a good thing or bad :-)

Archived