I'm going to drop a dime on this broken record.

purplekow
This topic is 2390 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Option 4 on a mac keyboard

Alt 0162 on a windows keyboard

Techno Nerds Rule!

You are now "Dialed In"

Twice today the expression, "sounds like a broken record" came up and both times I thought that a lot of younger people have no idea what a broken records sounds like. In fact it really isnt a broken record more a scratched record but I digress. This led me to consider other expressions which refer to things which are outdated or no longer exist, such as records. Is there an expression that is easily substituted for a husband telling his wife that she "sounds like a broken record".

If you are going to drop a dime on someone, do the young people of today even know about telephone booths and the usual fee of 10 cents to make a local call. I do not even have a cent sign on my keyboard.

So forum members, any familar references or expressions which once had a precise reference which almost all would recognize and which now refers to something of a bygone age or which has faded into obselescence.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic