Michael C. Hall in Hedwig

uwsman2
This topic is 3413 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had put off seeing Hedwig and the Angry Inch because it is basically a rock concert musical and I'm not "into" rock at all. (I like the "classic" B'way musicals and the more recent shows that follow that style of music.) But I'm a super-big fan of Michael C. Hall (6 Feet Under, Dexter, etc.) and gave in to a friend's importunings to go see this today.

Well, I still don't care for rock musicals - it was deafening, to the extent that lyrics were often unintelligible - and some of the "comic" dialogue seemed lame to me, but Michael C. Hall was fabulous. And in the final scene when he's stripped to small underpants, I was blown away by how great he looked. Not too many guys his age could pull it off - body in great shape! Considering what he's been through (cancer, chemo, etc.) he looked absolutely fabulous. What a hot man!

I expected Michael C. Hall to do well in Hedwig but was not prepared for how excellent he is in the role. I also do not tend to enjoy "rock" musicals as much but Hedwig is quite a unique and different kind of show and well worth seeing for Mr. Hall! I did not get to see NPH in the role but from seeing the one number he did on the Tony's, the interpretations between the two seem like they are quite different from each other, both impressive!

TruHart1 :cool:

I'm also a big Michael C Hall fan. I saw NPH in Hedwig and didn't see any reason to see it again but when I heard Hall was doing the roll I was intrigued. I really didn't think it was a part for him. I didn't know he could sing at all especially in a show like this. Thanks for the good reviews

• 1 month later...

Today I saw Michael C Hall in Hedwig. I saw it with NPH and couldn't imagine Hall in the roll but given the good reports here curiousity got me to buy a ticket. Hall was amazing as stated and I think every bit as good as NPH with a better body. Definitely glad I went and would recommend it highly.

• 1 month later...

New Hedwig star...James Cameron Mitchell

Hedwig and the Angry Inch book writer and original star, James Cameron Mitchell, will take over as the East German transgender rock goddess Hedwig at the Belasco Theatre starting January 21, 2015. Michael C. Hall will make his last performance on January 18.

http://d3rm69wky8vagu.cloudfront.net/article-photos/large/1.160824.jpg

James Cameron Mitchell as Hedwig

Hedwig and the Angry Inch book writer and original star, James Cameron Mitchell, will take over as the East German transgender rock goddess Hedwig at the Belasco Theatre starting January 21, 2015. Michael C. Hall will make his last performance on January 18.

http://d3rm69wky8vagu.cloudfront.net/article-photos/large/1.160824.jpg

James Cameron Mitchell as Hedwig

It was inevitable. Just like Harvey Fierstein taking over at the end the revival of "La Cage Aux Folles." It gooses the sagging attendance and squeezes another couple of hundred thousand out of the show.

Archived