Preferred Condoms and Lube?????

Axiom2001
This topic is 3524 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Early next year I hope to be in Habana, Cuba. While there I plan to meet some of its hot, big dicked men. I plan to bring along condoms and lube and am at a loss in terms which are the ones preferred by men here! I plan to take Trojans XL, but what others are out there which you prefer that I take and leave? ...would appreciate hearing from you in this regard!

Another vote for silicone based. There are various brands: Pjur and Eros by Bodyglide, Gun Oil, Wet Platinum ...

Pros

Since these lubes contain no water, they never dry up, so they'll stay slick for a long time.

Silicone is great for people with sensitive skin.

They can also be used for full body massages, and they'll leave your skin soft.

Since they won't break down in water, they can be used in the shower or bath (or even underwater or in the rain, if you're into that).

Cons

You can't use silicone-based lubricants with silicone rubber sex toys as they'll break down the material.

Cleanup is not a breeze, and it's difficult to get off your sheets or other fabrics.

It's more expensive than water- or oil-based lubes, but since you use less, the price is pretty comparable at the end of the day.

They can leave a coating on your skin that some people don't like.

Most taste bad.

Take different size condoms: regular, XL and Magnums.

Don't silicone lubes break down condoms? Are they safe?

Silicone-based and water-based lubes are condom safe.

I believe you're thinking about oil-based lubricants such as Elbow Grease, Slam Dunk, Crisco ... that will damage the condom.

What is the difference between Oil-based, water-based and silicone-based?

"First and foremost, Oil-based lubricants should never be used with a latex condom. Oil breaks down the condom in a matter of moments and increases the risk of condom breakage and fluid transmission. Water-based lubricants are safe to use with all condoms and can be reactivated with water or body fluids. So if you dry out, just add water. Silicone-based lubricants are not only safe to use with all condoms, but, because they are not made of water, do not dry out. These lubes can be used underwater or for romping in the sheets."

By the way, if you get a polyurethane condom, you can use any lubricant (including oil-based), since the oil won't damage things made out of polyurethane.

Men, I appreciate your taking the time to address the query. If others desire to make salient suggestions to my question, I welcome them! :)

I'm glad you raised the question. The topic of lube happens to be pertinent to me right now. I too have a trip to Cuba planned and have learned from a recent experience in Spain that it can be tough to find the ideal lube at the local farmacia. Based on the advice from Jax92, I'll probably bring along a small bottle/tube of hybrid lube -- just as long as it fits into the quart size plastic baggy along with my other liquids, gels, creams and pastes. We'll see if a get a knowing wink from one of the TSA employees. (...and thank-you in advance to imrthr for the advice on legal travel to Cuba. No need to repeat it for me.)

Boy Butter lube is good. Or at least I think so.

Boy Butter is oil based and so not compatible with latex condoms. The company also makes a latex condom compatible lube which is supposed to feel a lot like 'Boy Butter'. It's called ( and the name always makes me smile) ''I Can't Believe It's Not Boy Butter".

Gman

Archived