Is this a true story??

dick_nyc
This topic is 7523 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Transgender Teens Arrested

Six students from the New York City school designated for homosexuals and transgender students have been arrested for allegedly turning tricks and stealing. The New York Post reports exclusively that some of the teens allegedly earned up to $600 a night for masquerading as police. Investigators say the teens pretended to be police officers and allegedly posed as prostitutes. They asked for money in exchange for releasing their customers without being charged. The teenage-boys-turned girls skipped class, slept through some and intimidated students who didn't dress to their standards, some students at the Harvey Milk High School tell the Post.

Who cares, is it relevant?

Allowing an echo-chamber to be set up around something like this is to the detriment of gay kids everywhere, IMHO. I think this school is a good idea (though non-segregation and forcing the issue of tolerance would be better on the whole, I think, but it's hard to justify the impact it'd have on the early kids, assuming the mainstream schools really were to work on it for a change...). Attempting to discredit the school and the idea behind it for the alleged actions (probably hyped, at that) of a couple students is shameless, but very common for the 'right'.

If you compare they are not the same story. The first one talked only about the transvetite prostitution. This story from the Times talks about the prostitution but also talks about the problems within the new Harvey Milk High School and the cliquishness of the school. The first one came from an email service which selects off the wall subject matter.

BTW do not take meds unless I have bronchitis. Otherwise do not even take aspirin. The self is wired enough with out meds. No drugs either.

I just hope that the educational establishment can do something to solve the problems at Harvey Milk.

>bTW James, the story came from the NY Times, not from the

>conservatives so you need to look elsewhere for your blame for

>this one. The NY Times is not noted for its conservative

>outlook. This sounds like the usual liberal NIMBY approach.

The whole point of the echo chamber is that mainstream media picks it up, the public hears it again and again, and assumes it must be true. Don't have any idea how it relates to Not In My Back Yard, I'd love to have a school like this in my back yard.

Robbery and even small-time prostitution (if there was prostitution, sounds like the offer could have just been part of what was only actually unarmed robbery/extortion...) at a large big-city high school is common enough it doesn't make the national news, but because of the nature of this school the story's got built in sensationalism. Soon mainstream America will be aware of this school for the first time and will "think" the gay school experiment was a failure, all the kids turned to robbery, prostitution and drugs when they were allowed to be themselves.

Am I too cynical? Maybe, but I bet it's going to be a lot harder for this school to get funds and much less likely for other districts to try this now. All I'm saying is our "news" is such a sensationalistic shit-hole you need to be skeptical of half of what you hear and outright dismiss the other half.

That is why I asked if anyone had knowledge if it was true. I wondered from the first post if this was true or not. I know that most of the liberal posters here swear by the NY Times and the second post was direct from the NY Times. If it is true and as you say this gets printed out too many times, this school is not long for this world even though the robbery/extortion are common enough in big city schools. Makes me glad I didn't grow up in a big city where we had to put up with such things.

Archived