Tkts app

Cooper
This topic is 3736 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For those of you unfamiliar with purchasing Broadway show tickets at the Times Square TKTS booth, they only sell "day of" discounted tickets for current shows... It used to be a wait and see type purchase but, TKTS, has it's own smart phone APP called "TKTS". I've been using it for over a year. It lists the shows that are currently available and what the discount is. This sure beats arriving at the TKTS booth and learning your show isn't available and having to have a back up show or two.

The TKTS booth has been updated and the line does seem to move fast. Last night, I waited just 5 minutes to purchase my tickets to see Bullets Over Broadway, however, a week earlier (Spring Break) I waited almost 15 minutes to purchase tickets for "If/Then"... One of the draw backs is, you don't have a choice where your seats will be nor how long the line will be... However, the advantages of purchasing discount tickets outweighs the bad.

The TKTS APP is free, will make your selection a lot easier, and save you money.

Hope this helps,

Coop

Shadowcatzxxx, If you tap on the show you're interested in, the APP will also give a synopsis, theater info, and show info. I find it very useful... What shows are you thinking of seeing? Don't forget to write a review. You're coming to NYC at a good time.

Thanks coop! Just downloaded the app

Really? It seemed to me that all of the theater and dance I was interested in was ending at the end of this month!

What suggestions do you have for good theater and dance (modern, classical, flamenco ... whatever) the second weekend in April? I'm watching the New Yorker and NY Times assiduously.

Shadowcatzxxx.... Here's a link to the NY Theater guide. It lists when new shows will be opening. Many of these shows are currently in previews. Following this Forum for reviews. The 2nd link gives places to go for dance. I agree, not much is available during your dates...Hope this helps.

http://www.newyorktheatreguide.com/whatson/opening.htm

http://www.ny.com/dance/venues.html

Archived