A word about tdf

foxy
This topic is 3726 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ticket prices can be pretty expensive especially if you like to go often like me. I think even for people coming from out of town it's worth joining. You can easily save the $30 annual fee with just one ticket purchase. True they don't have every show and you don't know where your seat will be until you pick up your ticket 30 minutes before the performance but lately I've had very good orchestra seats. Not everyone can join but if you check the website it will give you all the info http://www.tdf.org

I signed up for tdf on foxy's recommendation. From California, and using a Playbill coupon, the bet I could do for Mothers& Sons was $110, including fees. Yet is was on tdf for about $45, so I saved my membership fee on my fist show! And, the satisfaction of seeing the worst show, Beyond Therapy, is that I saw it for less than $25 on a tdf ticket!

The new play starring Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad is also at tdf daily. Yet, believing he would be a big draw, I paid full price before I joined tdf.

My seats were good for both shows I bought from tdf.

"All the Way" with Bryan Cranston is performing at a large theater for a play, especially a political play about Pres. Lyndon Johnson (or any president). Most Broadway musicals now running are in smaller theaters. Yet "All the Way" is playing to 80% capacity. It do not think you made a mistake in paying full price, Frank Rich. There was no way to predict ticket sales in this unusual situation.

Has there ever been another play on Broadway based on an American president's first year in office?

At the risk of repeating another post I made on another thread (in part to say "thanks" for the tip about tdf) let me say that "All the Way" was extraordinary. Of course I saw it in a teeny theater in Cambridge, so was literally only a couple of yards form the actors. But Cranston was AMAZING and the entire cast was great. (The guy playing Hoover made my skin crawl.) try to sit close, just so you don't miss the incredible intensity of Cranston's performance. Worth whatever you have to pay for it.

Archived