PM

wisconsinguy
This topic is 3725 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If you're going to write messages so long that you exceed the HTTP timeout, write them in Word or Pages and once they're done copy/paste them into a new PM.

You can also minimize the problem by ticking the 'remember me' box when you log in.

Since Word and Pages both cost $$, it's worth mentioning that TextEdit.app is good enough and comes stock with the mac.

Of course, certain old farts (like me), fire up the Terminal app and run "vi". Slightly less old farts use something called "emacs".

And sometimes the Forum program itself saves the message. Down in the I thinklower left hand corner of the message box- it might be the right corner- it says something about 'automatic save'. Click on that and some of the message should appear in the message box. Same thing happens with posting on a thread.

Gman

Since Word and Pages both cost $$, it's worth mentioning that TextEdit.app is good enough and comes stock with the mac.

True, although for newer Macs Pages is free. (All of iWork is free on a new Mac or iOS device these days.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived