Genetic Reason Why You Want It Up the Kazzoo?

bcohen7719
This topic is 3743 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This article in my opinion is not very well written. They keep talking about environment as if they mean socialization. You know for example the old supposedly disproven dominant mother absent father reason for being gay. They don't explain until near the end of the article that their use of environment still means non-genetic 'biological' factors.

Gman

I know. But the funny thing is it seems to fit my situation.

Gman

Gman: I think that dominant mother, absent father theory HAS been disproven, not "supposedly."

I don't think it's disproven. It's just not all encompassing. It fits a lot of situations but it's not the only situations....out of which someone can become gay. Fits mine too and about 30-40 percent of my gay buds I would say. Blu

The other thing about the theory dominant mother/weak father- is when you read about it- at least when I did- it always sounded like the mother was a horrible person- a real dragon woman just a few steps above Joan Crawford, but while my Mother is not perfect- she was/is nothing like that. She was more dominant than my father but it wasnt in a b-tch/harridan type of way. My mother is a very sweet woman- stricter in her earlier motherhood years than in her later ones- but she was never a Xanthippe.

Gman

Some scientists have hypothesized that fetal environment plays a role. (I don't know if there are any studies that back that up.) We swim in that water for 9 months while our brains our developing, so I wouldn't be surprised.

That goes along with the older brothers hypothesis. Also- it was noted a long time ago that female children born to mothers who received certain hormones during pregnancy- possibly progestins, but I cant remember for sure- exhibited more tomboyish behaviors.

Gman

I've been seeing a guy for the past 6 years - he has an identical twin. My friend is gay (duh!) and his twin is not.

They both swam in the same waters for 9 months. And they really are identical twins and not fraternal ones . . . .

Yes, there have been a number of examples of identical twins in which one, but not the other, is gay (although it's unusual). Highly mysterious since both the chromosomes and the environment are the same! I remember seeing a special on 60 Minutes with one really butch twin who was into manly decor in his room, and his gay identical twin had his room decorated in pink with butterflies, fairies, and the like. The only explanation I can come up with is that mitochondrial DNA might play a role. It's quite wild that identical twins can have different sexual orientations. I wonder if the real explanation will ever be found in my lifetime. If we know the answer to that, we will basically know 100% what leads to an individual's sexual orientation.

As an aside, in all my life, I've never met an identical twin who wasn't really hot--at least an '8'. It's almost as if God was so impressed with his work, that he wanted it duplicated. If I'm not being too personal, is your partner hot?

If I'm not being too personal, is your partner hot?

Unicorn has posted pictures of some *amazingly* beautiful men; guys with totally chiselled bodies who sometimes look like

they're *barely* legal, and other times wonderfully mature - 30ish. I don't think my friend would ever appear in one of

Unicorn's anthologies . . .

I'm sure we've all heard and maybe even used the expression "At least my lover thinks I'm hot!" - so it kinda goes without

saying that if I thought he were a total troll I probably wouldn't be seeing him - although there are couple who do stay together

for decades, just because they *so* enjoy each other's company.

In the interest of preserving my friends privacy, I'll respond further privately :)

Archived