Key West accomodations...

bigvalboy
This topic is 3769 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Alexanders is nice. I actually think Island House is better,

but if the "bath house" atmosphere of Island House scares

you off (it really isn't that bad) or just isn't your "scene"

then Alexanders is a fine second choice.

Clean, nice breakfast, very nice rooms, wish the bathrooms

were nicer though.

The Marriot...is a Marriot....enough said.

Alexanders is nice. I actually think Island House is better,

but if the "bath house" atmosphere of Island House scares

you off (it really isn't that bad) or just isn't your "scene"

then Alexanders is a fine second choice.

Clean, nice breakfast, very nice rooms, wish the bathrooms

were nicer though.

The Marriot...is a Marriot....enough said.

Thanks for the info nycman. Not really into the "bath house" scene anymore, but your comment about the bathrooms at Alexander's is a small cause for concern. I'll do some checking on that one...Thanks

Thanks so much tav1...that is a very important information.

Glad to see you're researching Key West for you hosting the late October Forum Get Together. I know you were on your sojourn for quite a while after suggesting it, but you still have plenty of time. Please keep the members posted.

Boston Bill

Glad to see you're researching Key West for you hosting the late October Forum Get Together.

I'm surprised you haven't received you invitation yet....Hang in there, any day now.

I know you were on your sojourn for quite a while

Yes...it exceeded all my expectations, and I did receive several emails from members on the MF apprising me of your post where you showed your concern for my well being and my whereabouts....it did make for some laughs at dinner, and I think someone even toasted you once. LOL

I'm surprised you haven't received you invitation yet....Hang in there, any day now.

Yes...it exceeded all my expectations, and I did receive several emails from members on the MF apprising me of your post where you showed your concern for my well being and my whereabouts....it did make for some laughs at dinner, and I think someone even toasted you once. LOL

Thanks but you can save the stamp--just bring it with you to Palm Springs.

I'm glad you got several emails--they too must have been concerned about the Forum for major dropoff in the number of posts during your sojourn. Off to check flights to my condo in Clearwater. Wanna do lunch?

As I recall the Marriott is way off the beaten path unless you do indeed have a car... and something tells me you might be driving down the. It is away from the action but does have a beach from what I recall. If you want to do a larger chain hotel there are other choices such as the Westin and the Hyatt that are closer where the action is...

In any event, do visit the Leather Master while you are there... ;)

Now is there really going to be a potential forum gathering in Key West in late October???

As I recall the Marriott is way off the beaten path unless you do indeed have a car... and something tells me you might be driving down the. It is away from the action but does have a beach from what I recall. If you want to do a larger chain hotel there are other choices such as the Westin and the Hyatt that are closer where the action is...

Thanks WG...yes we are driving, but once there, I prefer to just walk around and discover the charm of the area. Based on what has been said, the Marriott might be out. I chose the Marriott initially because of airline perks.

In any event, do visit the Leather Master while you are there... ;)

Just Googled it....amazing, looks like I will need a credit card...LOL

Now is there really going to be a potential forum gathering in Key West in late October???

Uh no...LOL... BB was just teasing. I don't have the organizational skills of LBT or Oliver, they are amazing, and I don't know how they pull these events off.

There is a cute young guy who works in the Leather Master who fabricates some of the leather articles that they sell... Not exactly my type, but there was potential. While I was browsing he suddenly took his shirt off... Being shy I did not act on the situation, but I think we could have had some fun after closing with some of the accoutrements that were on display! I am giving you permission to do so...

Being Key West things are very pricy... so bring two credit cards... I did not buy anything because I flew down from Ft. Meyers with a back pack. I would have had too much 'splaining to do at security on the flight back... LOL!

There is a cute young guy who works in the Leather Master who fabricates some of the leather articles that they sell... Not exactly my type, but there was potential. While I was browsing he suddenly took his shirt off... Being shy I did not act on the situation, but I think we could have had some fun after closing with some of the accoutrements that were on display! I am giving you permission to do so...

Well driving will give me the option of filling the trunk...LOL...and I will report to you on what I find at Leather Masters. Thanks for the information on accommodations. I'm opting for a small B&B, so we will see what the consensus is from the group.

Being Key West things are very pricy... so bring two credit cards... I did not buy anything because I flew down from Ft. Meyers with a back pack. I would have had too much 'splaining to do at security on the flight back... LOL!

Oh I get the "pricy" thing...I was in a local store and just couldn't believe how expensive the leather products were. I did join the store's VIP club, which allowed me a 50% discount on leather items which go on sale 4 times during the year. Now the decision is, what to buy? What am I into? What direction in BDSM do I want to go. After watching Kink.com, I am slowly beginning to find my way...Thanks for all the info.

Whipped Guy mentioned the Westin and the Hyatt as alternatives. Marriott does require a car, but the Westin and Hyatt are walkable. I have stayed at the Hyatt several times and always liked it. Being in Key West, they are very accomodating to everyone... gay, straight, families, etc. So if you don't want to stay gay, I would recommend the Hyatt. But, I think that Island House offers a day pass situation too, and like the RP in FLL, you could enjoy an afternoon at their pool, sit at their bar, and enjoy the eye candy too !! Have a great time.... wish I could get away from the cold and snow for a week in KW.

DD

Is that large gay lodging across the street from the Hemingway house/museum still around? Or Miss Ruby's etc.?

Do you mean Big Ruby's? If so, Big Ruby's is no longer a gay resort. It was sold a few months back and is now leaning toward the straight crowd. The new owner also refused to honor vouchers that had been given to us from the old owners. Certainly not their obligation, but it what have been a nice gesture.

Archived